Skip to toolbar

Hobby Pledges 2024

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Pledges 2024

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  lawnor 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

ewokkebab
    167xp
    Cult of Games Member

So the Carnivale stuff sits over the ruins like a terrain russian doll?

That’s a great idea 💡

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

That’s the plan. Subject to my crafting skills.

jondaw
    Participant
    266xp

Very much enjoyed the 2023 with the pledges helping me to keep on track. This year:

Paint all of my wild west terrain.

Paint or sell more than I buy (as per Lawnor) and get below 50 unpainted models from 95. This includes new models being printed.

Print and paint monster STLs x 18

print and paint a WW1 trench system

print and paint models for wierd world 1 skirmish game. x 5

Print and paint troll stls. x 11

Print and paint skeleton force

Print and paint late romans and greek pelasts

Complete the game vampire the masquarde Chapters

Print off and paint stls for dont look back and buy the book

This year Im looking at playing the following miniature games:

* Vertwood

* Hail Ceasar

* Doggerland Front

* Dont Look Back

* Forbidden Psalms: Last War

* Frostgrave

Thanks for the motivation

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy to help.  This really saved me at the end there.  I was on target to paint more than I gained, but Black Friday landed me with 33 extra models in December that I hadn’t planned for.  Holding myself accountable for this motivated me to paint 34 models in 22 days, crossing the finish line with 2 days to spare.  I’ve never have got all that done otherwise.

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

My project has been delayed due to the unexpected demise of my laptop. Fortunately I keep backups, but there was stuff I hadn’t backed up that I wanted to recover… like my current RPG project including custom character sheets…

Recovered most of the files… so I’ll try to get back to crafting my battlefield soon.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve been quiet for a while as I took on a large batch project that ended up taking a few months.  I was working on plenty, but finishing nothing along the way.  Here’s some updates.

Finish Gamblers Chest playable non-modular minis – Survivors done, 3 monsters left
    Pics can be found HERE

Finish Gloomhaven with friends – DONE
    Here’s the final battle of the Forgotten Circles expansion.  It was waaaay harder than everything else in that game.  We are taking a few sessions off to play standalone games before jumping in to our next campaign.
    Gloomhaven Final

Finish C3 of ATO – DONE

Here’s the final battle:

atobattle

Here’s my Voyage Phase table 1 of 3.  Cycle 3 became a real space hog, and that’s saying something.  I thought it wanted a lot of space already.

atomap

Play KDM People of the Stars – Started

Here I am set up for my first Nemesis fight

kdm

We’re almost half way through the year somehow.  I plan on making more regular updates going forward.  i can see a lot of colour on the SPREADSHEET.  How is everyone else doing?  Making progress and enjoying it, I hope.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2063xp

My pledge will run contrary to many: to exit “the hobby”. Yep, I’m done. Can’t pick up another brush. It’s over.

How to dispose of all my stuff? That’s the big question.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’d suggest putting it in the attic for a few years.  Who knows how you’ll feel 5 years from now.  Otherwise, sell you you can.  Give away the rest.  Never just throw good stuff in the bin.  There’s a trading section on the forum and a swapping/giving away section on the discord.  Maybe there’s something you’d like to swap your stuff for?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)