Skip to toolbar

Kings of War RPG

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Kings of War RPG

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  avernos 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

onlyonepinman
    18060xp
    Cult of Games Member

Having read their own blog, and I freely accept this is still speculation on my part, I expect Kings of War to be either 2D20 or the first outing of their own in house rules set (referred to as TriCore).  Without making any judgment about TriCore, I would prefer to see this released under 2D20 or Savage Worlds.  One of the things I liked back in the days of D&D 3.5 was the re-use of the rules under an open source agreement.  I could play lots of different games without having to relearn loads of rules.  Their justification for doing that in the first place seemed sound to my mind; The RPG market had struggled and indeed crashed spectacularly in the 90’s because it was too saturated with different rules systems.  The intention was to reduce the number of rules systems and allow companies to concentrate on settings and adventures.  I see Savage Worlds and 2D20 following a similar path and although they’re not open source, they are creating lots of different settings and worlds to play in whilst maintaining a single rules set each.  For me the rules are kind of secondary to the stories themselves, I firmly believe you can tell all stories equally well using almost any ruleset, it’s all about how the GM uses those rules.  But what I hate having to do is read 300 pages of rules every time I start a new game in a new setting when what I really want to do is read 300 pages of lore and background get a feel for the world.

So for Kings of War, an established rules set is, in my humble opinion, preferable to going with something new and/or unique

onlyonepinman
    18060xp
    Cult of Games Member

It took a loooooong time to deliver but it’s totally worth it.

onlyonepinman
    18060xp
    Cult of Games Member

@marvolichko what’s with the weird links at the bottom of all your posts? Tell the truth, are you actually a robot?

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

smells like a bot to me, somebody fetch me a voigt-kampf test!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)