Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] sleepyhead

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] sleepyhead

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Or invite the local paintball gang and let them run wild XD

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

@pagan8th @limburger – paste the wall easier? Really?
    I just papered my hallway (my wife is determined we get the best price we can for the house, we have been replacing all my “offensive” colour choices over the years and making everything more “market-appropriate” – ie. boring).

I tried both and found pasting the paper to be far easier!
    Yes, plopping it on the wall is slightly less messy to begin with, but putting it on the paper allows the paper to swell slightly and it becomes much softer/more malleable when hanging (also found it easier to get rid of air bubbles).

So I guess you find the way that works best for you.
    As for painting (with a brush) I found a single horizontal “swoosh” to get it on the wall, then pressing quite hard to “blend the paint” with vertical strokes or little circles (like Bob Ross does with his skies) reduces streaking and you might even get away with a single coat if you’re lucky! Buy good quality paint. It really, really makes a difference!

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

I found that the paper tends to tear easier if it’s pasted instead of the wall. But as you say, what works best for you.

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

Practically all walls are covered in white textured paint (it’s like very rough sandpaper), so before I could apply wallpaper I’d have to smooth the entire flockin’ wall.

As such I’m not touching wallpaper with a ten meter pole if I can help it 😉

Googling tells me that dark colours make the room feel smaller, which isn’t something I’d want.
    OTOH plain white feels a bit too clean and boring.

One room at a time is the best approach for now, because I do need a spot to sleep while I’m doing all of this DIY stuff.
    There’s always the option of hiring someone to do it for me, but I want to know what it is like myself first.

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

I went to the cinema to see Dune 2 last night.
    It’s shit. And nearly three hours long.

I’m never getting that time back.
    And I missed a really cool looking open mic/jam session for it too.
    My wife enjoyed the popcorn.

templar007
    52364xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well HECK! @blinky465

There goes my plans for this afternoon.  I was just about to buy my tickets online to see ” Dune II ” this day. (as I have to the day off)

Only down side is I feel a bit silly for getting the catheter done first.  What a waste!

Actually, I’m still going to see “Dune II”.  Also NO catheter, that’s what empty popcorn buckets are for, (jk). 🤓👍

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

@blinky465  Odd. So far I heard nothing but good from people who also liked the first one. Did you like the first one? How do they compare? I just read the first 3 books and the second on was…. very slow and boring.

@templar007 you naughty boy! XD

templar007
    52364xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well, I have seen ” Dune II ” now.

I enjoyed it.  I also enjoyed the first movie of the modern Dune movie series.

I liked most of the costume designs, the vehicle designs and the Worms as well.

I’m hoping to find some 28mm or 32mm miniatures that are close enough to use for battles on he tabletop.  I am looking to soon build some desert terrain for this.   Not sure which approach i will use for the sand dunes.

On a side note…….I did read some of the books when I was a freshly minted bachelor out on my own after school.  I dove into those books and enjoyed the fact that it was a different universe then I had explored before.  Some of the books are slow or even very slow, but that is every book universe that focuses on politics.

Your Mileage May Certainly Vary 🤓👍

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)