Skip to toolbar

Re: Battletech XLBS

Home Forums Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions Re: Battletech XLBS

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 115 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 116 total)
  • Author

mulletsteve
    827xp
    Cult of Games Member

CGL appears to have the BAGOAC back in stock but postage to the UK from america is expensive https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-a-game-of-armored-combat

Dammit John look what you’ve made me do, tickets to FactoruM already booked, 3d prints already purchased and now another boxed set…

Ohh and last i looked Wayland had the clan box set in stock, I ordered one and it was delivered, quickly!

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

Wayland games seem to have some of the box sets in stock, got myself Comstar Command Level II,

My mistake they seem to have sold out again over weekend!!!

I was lucky.

dawfydd
    11904xp
    Cult of Games Member

That Comstar Command Level II is a fine, fine set – well worth it for the Black Knight and King Crab to be honest. I have to say though, it’s been both hearting over the last week to see a lot of UK retailers having Battletech product listed, but also mildly depressing that almost everything is out of stock (have found somewhere with Strategic Ops still in stock, so will have to grab that once the car is sorted). It is at least encouraging that so many have caught on to the fact there is a rising demand for stompy robots, and hopefully CGL’s efforts to improve supply will pan out (if nothing else I really would like to pickup a few of the Wave 2 Clan Stars I opted out of in favour of Inner Sphere Lances & Salvage Boxes…).

Also, did anyone else have a spit take moment during this weeks XLBS at how much the esteemed Mr Lyons ended up paying for his copy of AGOAC? Makes me very glad I snagged one last year at RRP….

templar5836
    3327xp
    Cult of Games Member

@dawfydd

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/bad-cat-mk-iv-american-mecha-6mm-scale

This seems to be the only madcat mkIV I can find, not sure how good the model is though

dawfydd
    11904xp
    Cult of Games Member

@templar5836 I did see that one and the painted versions didn’t look too hot, but on closer inspection the 3d render is reasonably well detailed. I might have to send it off to a printer, see how well it comes out (I may also have downloaded everything else he had up – gotta love a Warwolf…)

phaidknott
    7021xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve found that Travelling Man here in the UK still has a little stock (including the iClan box with 5 Clan Mechs in it), better move fast tho…..

Battletech Clan Invasion Box – Travelling Man UK

The webstore is a nightmare to navigate/find stuff (probably why it’s still there), they seem to have some of the books as well (but no other minis or other box sets containing the minis).

Perhaps the OTT store might want to start stocking this product line (plus they have contacts in the US), not sure how it all ties in with Wayland Games now tho (and if they have to order though them).

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

On the subject of BT: I read of a Scorprion ‘Mech and can only find old models and a new tank (which isn’t a mech)

Is there a good sculpt on the four legged mech?

dawfydd
    11904xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well, my Ebay-Fu clearly failed me. I was asking  Geneslicer – the seller I brought that Black Knight from – if he could print the Mad Cat Mk.IV I found and whilst he said yes, it turns out he already has files for this mech, but I think he lists it under it’s Clan designation of Savage Wolf. So what I’m saying is I’ll be ordering at least 1 on Friday when I get paid 🙂

Also, anyone else see the timed exclusive Barnes & Noble are doing of a Wolf’s Dragoons Assault Star?

templar5836
    3327xp
    Cult of Games Member

@dawfydd I will print one of the Madcat IV models and post a picture of how it turns out, that way you don’t risk the cost of having it printed before you know how it looks. Besides I can always use more mechs !

Where are you located @dawfydd, if you are in the US I could possibly send you a print of it?

templar5836
    3327xp
    Cult of Games Member

As for the WD Assault Star, I saw it on Barnes & Noble and it says it is available for pre order, but it doesn’t give the option to order it?

templar5836
    3327xp
    Cult of Games Member

My newest mech…Marauder  II33139989-08A2-413B-A316-90A66DDC18E7It looks much better in person, not the greatest picture…I guess I should read the new article?

dawfydd
    11904xp
    Cult of Games Member

@templar5836 I appreciate the offer dude, but sadly I’m in the UK 🙁
    I do look forward to seeing how your print turns out though 😉

grimwolfuk
    10506xp
    Cult of Games Member

That’s an assault mech as well

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice !

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

I was thinking about John’s comment about not liking the Ral Partha/Iron Wind models , manly as they lack the aesthetic of the newer video games.

As a very old BT player I agree the older models have a certain charm  and that is how they originally looked  but do see his point.

• Coming into the game now via that medium, I imagine makes recognising them harder  ,I have the same problem in reverse
    • The new ones do look better
    • The old metals had size creep they got bigger as years went on I have a 4 leg mech that has to go on 5 hexes to base it  and a Clan Mech that’s not far ofvone of GW titans in size even though only a 100 tonner.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)