Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] A bit warm outside

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] A bit warm outside

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

https://www.beastsofwar.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourselves-new-member-thread/

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil. This includes no philosophy, no home computer culture wars.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Question of the week:

• How is you Spring Cleaning coming along?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge: pick up a brush again. Maybe. *sigh* Motivation needs to be sold in bottles!

Answer:

• See pledge and make an educated guess. It’s really dragging on.

But I brought some music. Enjoy! 8)

danlee
    22413xp
    Cult of Games Member

No pledge this week. I’m away on business in Strasbourg.

My spring clean challenge is finished.

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

Not really got a pledge at the moment as my spring clean challenge is over, but I am working on the Mythic Battle: Pantheon expansions that I bought, Hephaestus being the first one.

With the vouchers I got for 30 years service I bought myself a new hobby desk to go in my games room which means I can set my airbrush up on a more permanent basis and maybe get some use out of it.

Had a moment of weakness recently and looked at a 3D printer… even put it in my online shopping basket… but it’s in the save for later section for the time being. If I don’t spend a crap load of cash UK Games Expo I may fail my will power roll and buy it.

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

how it’s going ?
    Not as fast as I want it to be, but I blame it on the flesh being weak.

1:1 scale terrain painting is not for the likes of me, but it has to be done.

One more room and I can declare the upper floor done (for now).
    Had been planning to do all of it in the long weekend, but that would have meant skipping my sisters’ birthday.
    Can’t have that.

Anyways … progress was made, things got painted … things that shouldn’t have been painted got painted too.
    Not quite sure how to fix that, but as those things were going to be painted anyway it only means I got a little more cleaning up to do than I had anticipated.

Lessons learned ?
    It’s not bad, it’s just a lot of work. And as I said … my mind is willing, but the flesh is weak.
    Cyborg may be the way to go 😉

Be aware … flashing lights ahead :

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

What a night. Way too short. I really shouldn’t be drinking beer during streams. I tend to stick to the PC way too long after the show XD

Not is it only warm currently but it also pours down. That’s such a nice, damp air

I feel sticky icky. Hope you all have a better weather experience!

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

I work outdoors. It pissed it down! Nuff said!

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)