Skip to toolbar

DRAGON EYE DICE KICKSTARTER

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion DRAGON EYE DICE KICKSTARTER

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ninjilly 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

trewets
    4782xp
    Cult of Games Member

HI EVERYONE

THE KICKSTARTER FOR SOME FANTASTIC LOOKING DICE HAS GONE LIVE TODAY.

WELL WORTH A LOOK!!!!!

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

“eyes on the game people”

XD

zoidpinhead
    12476xp
    Cult of Games Member

They look lovely but £50 for one set of nine dice – I think I’ll pass.  What do I know though as they have passed £360,000 already.  Dice Kickstarters are literally a license to print money.

midnightblue
    Participant
    1285xp

Yeah that’s where I am too…they are lovely, and I’m sure they are worth it, but the price range is keeping me out this time.  (And my wallet breathes a sigh of relief.)

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

I think these sets are for a) collectors with a larger than usual disposable amount of income and b) gifts for very special friends/GMs.

midnightblue
    Participant
    1285xp

Agreed…and often, I’m that guy.  I have plenty of expensive sets of dice where I had more money than brains.  🙂

But lately, I’m finding that I need to put my disposable income into the actual games (or MY HOUSE), than in the peripherals.  And it makes me cry…’cause I love my dice hoard.  🙂

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

£50 a set and they have never made any dice before. They have 4 kickstarters, and the only dice one is an ice cube mold. It will be interesting to see if the final product is as vibrant as the pictures.

trewets
    4782xp
    Cult of Games Member

The price point is high but the dice have gem stone agate in the centre of every dice

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

What exactly are the ‘gem stones’?

https://www.gemologyonline.com/Forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15131

And when someone puts this in their FAQ it seems odd…

“The dice are close to standard RPG dice size, in that their dimensions have been matched with the average from a number of top manufacturers.”

The answer is a dimension in mm.

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Agate is a ridiculously cheap gemstone. Even dye treated and polished, we’re talking pennies at cost. We used to sell thousands of them (6 for £1.50 and they were bigger than what will be going in these). Dice KS are for a very targeted audience of roleplayer, the same as the expensive character folios etc. No harm in them and good on those people for whom that’s no big expense though – that’s how capitalism works I guess 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)