Skip to toolbar

Napoleonic Fiction Suggestions

Home Forums Historical Tabletop Game Discussions Napoleonic Fiction Suggestions

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ninjilly 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

I’m hoping by the middle of this year to start work on a Napoleonic force as just something of a side interest. I’m looking at probably French, around the Peninsular Wars era but I’m not hard and fast on that.

I like to get into projects by reading fiction around it to fire the imagination. I’ve read through all the Sharpe novels a decade or so ago but I’ve not read much else that isn’t naval based. I’m looking for some recommendations of some novels to dive in preferably something from the French POV.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

Try the Richard Howard books  Alain Lausard Adventures. The main protagonist is a french man pressed into the Revolutionary armies. Very Sharpe like but good reads

I think there still on Amazon

The Allan Mallinson books are good as well though they start with the Battle of Waterloo but there are a few flashback moments in them

elessar2590
    18201xp
    Cult of Games Member

Death to the French by CS Forrester is good, it’s what inspired Sharpe.

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Thank you gents, I appreciate the recommendations. I’ve managed to get a copy of Death to the French from the library to get me started.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)