Skip to toolbar

Tree recommendations.

Home Forums Terrain & Scenery in Tabletop Gaming Tree recommendations.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  avernos 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

wesadie1969
    2724xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hi all, with the lack of 4Ground tree availability, can you recommend 28 to 32mm tree suppliers?

Cheers.

ced1106
    Participant
    6204xp

If you can do DIY, search on “diy tree train model” for various tutorials.
    https://www.model-railroad-infoguy.com/trees.html

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

Try searching for plastic model trees and bushes on ebay or amazon, they bring a ton.

For Amazon

For eBay

On Bing

collins
    16343xp
    Cult of Games Member

In all honesty now that 4ground have ceased to do them I would recommend looking into making your own.

I did make a few myself and found it to be quite an enjoyable process and reasonably cheap too.

check out my afghan project entry to see the trees I made for that terrain. I did 18 or so in a short span and most are sat waiting to be mounted on other terrain for this board.

I started with tree armatures and added moss from my lawn glued with contact adhesive and then 3M contact adhesive spray (most expensive bit) then sprinkled different colours of flock over it.

they’re not as pretty as the 4ground ones but perfectly adequate. the way to improve them is swap out normal sawdust flock for foam flock.

check out Lukes APS (geek gaming scenics) on YouTube for some excellent videos on this topic. eg this video.

wesadie1969
    2724xp
    Cult of Games Member

Cheers all, plenty to look into now.

totsuzenheni
    Participant
    5651xp

Does anyone know if 4Ground have stopped doing their trees temporarily or permanently?

collins
    16343xp
    Cult of Games Member

last we knew was a year ago and they said they were ‘in talks with the manufacturer to bring them back’. that has clearly fallen by the wayside now

avernos
    Keymaster
    33467xp

I’m a big fan of woodland scenics armatures

wesadie1969
    2724xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just put in an order for some armatures. Decided to stop being lazy and go DIY for a change.

collins
    16343xp
    Cult of Games Member

Cool! project it up so that Gerry can be a right knobber about it on Tim’s twitch stream

avernos
    Keymaster
    33467xp

I know not what you mean…. or do I?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)