Skip to toolbar

Patreon Watch – April 2021

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Patreon Watch – April 2021

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  blinky465 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s still early days and these are only previews, but it looks like there are some cracking releases coming up next month…..

I know there’s been a discussion about Orcs being a bit “derpy” in recent days, but Cast n’Play look like they’re determined to put that right with some cool artillery. Just check out the options for this catapult

Catapult_Assembly_Castnplay

There’s the usually “twee” looking goblins, but some of these Orcs are utter brutes.

Image1

Image2

Image3

There’s some really sweet terrain included too

Image4

Image5

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

RNEStudio has some amazing big beasties this coming month – all kinds of scary looking dragons for one.

Image6

And they’ve also updated their welcome pack – anyone joining at any time can get access to their not-LOTR set of minis (some of which look very much like their big screen counterparts). It might be worth signing up for a month just for these!

Image7

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

Anvil Digital Forge have been putting together some sweet modular characters in recent months. But these really caught my eye. I love sci-fi and cyberpunk. And while I don’t “get” the whole “researching history just to paint the right colours on my tiny plastic men” I’ve always had a weird fascination with the characters of the Wild West (ever since being allowed to stay up and watch The Good The Bad And The Ugly as twelve-year-old with the coolest uncle in the world). So this month’s release looks brilliant – sci-fi cowboys!

Image8

Image9

Image10

Image11

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

Cyber Forge have really turned it up to eleven this month. Not just with some great looking characters….

Image14

… including a pretty cool Daft-Punk-alike duo that are just crying out to be covered in LEDs. And it gets better. Finally, someone has actually put a bit of thought into their “cyber” avatars. The 8-bit style of these characters is just fantastic!

Image18

Despite dabbling with fantasy in recent months, I’m definitely not done with cyberpunk!

Image13

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

@brennon loves his anthropomorphic animals. Especially badgers. He’s going to love Duncan Shadow’s April release!

badgers

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

STL Miniatures run a complete theme every month. In April it’s “carpentry”. As well as the ork-y/ogre carpenter and his apprentice goblins, there’s some really sweet terrain and scatter included – a workbench scattered with tools, vice, woodworking bench, trunk full of equipment…. if you’re into your tabletop RPG and looking to add a bit of flavour to your scenarios, these could be just the ticket!

Image1

spankytaz
    1944xp
    Cult of Games Member

Broken Anvil Miniatures are starting their own Patreon program in April. Following on from their successful Dungeon Delvers Kickstarter, they’re launching with more anthro-animals – this time it’s dogs, namely the Barkonians.

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

I mean, Unit9 have absolutely smashed it this month. Sure, it’s all a bit 2077-rip-off-ish, but show me a cyberpunk miniature sculptor who hasn’t created a mini Keanu Reeves and made a pun on the name Johnny Silverhand in recent months…. thankfully Unit 9 decided only to use the name as inspiration – because everything else is just brilliant!

March21_Instagram-JohnnyTheSilver

March21_Instagram-BobbieVanHeaven

March21_Instagram-RickyTheEngine

March21_Instagram-Sampler

Now there’s a bassist called Bobby and a drummer called Ricky… I’m surprised they didn’t go the whole hog and call the guitarist C.C. (at least, in my games, he will be).

There’s also a couple of generic soldiers, which also tend to slip in when Unit9 get close to release date without any previews to build up to it. But, this month, I don’t think I mind.

March21ALPHA

Possibly because the dude in the bottom right reminds me of Deadpool. I don’t know.

And when you’ve got an awesome cyberpunk rock band, of course you need a character who fires massive shells from his portable boom box, complete with 90’s style cartoon moniker “Ghetto Blaster” (see what they did there? It’s a pun on blast…. oh, right, you get it?)

March21_Instagram-GhettoBlaster

An absolutely fantastic release this month. And already I’ve an idea of where I’m going to shove *lots* of electronic-y bits!

onlyonepinman
    18060xp
    Cult of Games Member

The Unit9 one is looking especially cool this month. Possibly not the most practical selection for gaming with but it’s hard to not like the Cyberpunk rock band.  I already have ideas for a diorama with them

Johnny Silver guitar player isn’t a new sculpt, though. He was released a couple of years ago in the board game Human Interface: Be A Better Human. The rest of the band is a welcome addition.

onlyonepinman
    18060xp
    Cult of Games Member

I also really like that Stl miniatures stuff, I could really go for that. Do they have previous months on myminifactory?

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

A lot of creators have slowly given up on Sync and are moving over to myminifactory. I think STL Miniatures has some of their back catalogue on there, and is uploading more each month. I like that they stick to a single theme each month.

Lots of creators are now auto-populating your myminifactory library “in arrears” – I’m still getting emails from the likes of Titan Forge for minis I supported over a year ago.

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

p_obsession

Since dropping a few patreons, and even supporting a few fantasy creations, I’ve started getting drawn to some of the creepier models – Great Grimoire is one I’ve supported a few times just of the off-chance that one day I’ll get to make a really cool, albeit useless-for-tabletop-gaming diorama. This month’s Printed Obsession is another one.

I can’t ever imagine using these in any sort of game – but had to jump in to get hold of that scary Puppet Master, those voodoo dolls and a gothic Eeyore!

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m trying to get familiar with fantasy gaming, but a lot of it just leaves me cold. But sometimes, someone comes along with such a stunning release, you can’t help but get on board – even if it could be a loooong time before the .stl files ever get anywhere near the resin printer.

This month’s Artisan Guild is such a release. There’s a very definite Age of Sigmar vibe to the human release – maybe it’s the skulls and the shoulder pads and the halos or something – but just check out those horses!

This is one that’s definitely getting a share of my pocket money this month 😉

basicbrush
    Participant
    874xp

Warploque 10mm halflings

April-2021-Renders

basicbrush
    Participant
    874xp

RNE April, the post above is March

April Release 2021 rne 1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)