Skip to toolbar

[PSA] Spambots have reached the OTT YouTube channel!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [PSA] Spambots have reached the OTT YouTube channel!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Heads up everybody. You probably have seen and heard about these before. For some time now spam bots impersonating a YouTube channel are trying to get you onto telegram or whatsapp, claiming you have won something but you would need to cover shipping expenses.

Do not interact with them, just hit “report” and mark them as spam. They are an annoyance YouTube is unable to get rid of. Below are two examples that reached me:

spambot

spambot_2

kiranamida
    5782xp
    Cult of Games Member

Got a OnTableTop one myself last night, not the first I’ve had on YouTube and I doubt it will be the last.

My favourite bit is how they haven’t even changed the point of view of the comment like OTT is some amorphous individual. Not that I imagine the people doing this care for any such detail.

admiralandy
    1642xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yea I had that, as it was with Monkeys furiously typing away I actually am a winner this week.

Fortunately, I knew to come onto the site, so with me worse that happened I emailed the King of the Squirrels so all good, then followed the correct process anyhowt.

Prizes are as mentioned only claimable here, and they ship them free, cause their nice chaps and lasses like that.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

And sometimes they even lick the prizes and add candy!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)