Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Almost on time

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Almost on time

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Introduce yourselves (New member thread)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Questions:

• Do you watch the weekender “on time” when it is released or later?
    • Have you ever taken part in a sort of “live painting table” with other people around the world?
    • Will I ever get my order of Bot War from Fantasywelt?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

My pledge: trying to get some paint out of a bottle onto a mini via a brush… Don’t get your hopes up!

• mostly the minute it launches… it’s a nice time slot
    • Yes. Still not really sure how to feel about those.
    • n/c

And now off to the Weekender

danlee
    22390xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy weekend everyone! Start of my week off. Hoping to do plenty of painting and gaming this week.

Just finished some 10mm wood elves. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1706063/

thumbnail_IMG_7517

1. Do you watch the weekender “on time” when it is released or later? – I usually watch it Friday evening, though not at 7pm. Sometimes I finish it on Saturday.
    2. Have you ever taken part in a sort of “live painting table” with other people around the world? – I think I painted along to the few OTT hobby evenings back when they did them.
    3. Will I ever get my order of Bot War from Fantasywelt? – Once it’s visited China.

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy Friday.

My pledge is to paint Grendel’s mother from Otherworld Miniatures, probably mostly in a hobby hangout tomorrow evening with some friends.
    Then on Sunday I hope to start Campaign Turn 1 of Five Leagues from the Borderlands, a game I’m having a blast playing.

Do you watch the weekender “on time” when it is released or later?

I always watching it when I finish work on Saturday afternoon. Sunday and Monday are days off so my Weekend begins then.

Have you ever taken part in a sort of “live painting table” with other people around the world?

I’m not sure what that is? Is it an online hobby hangout? I kind of do that with friends over video on WhatsApp anyway. They’re all local so not around the world.

Will I ever get my order of Bot War from Fantasywelt?

I’ve already said, its at Gerry’s house, where all things hobby end up. It’s his super power.

For those who don’t know, there’s a new 3 part Time Team this weekend.

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member
    1. Do you watch the weekender “on time” when it is released or later?
      Usually same day, but I must admit that I sometimes zone out after the intro and then I never seem to find the time to watch the rest of it, which makes me sad ’cause there’s a lot of effort into these episodes.
    2. Have you ever taken part in a sort of “live painting table” with other people around the world?
      Nope. I can’t focus on hobby when there’s other people talking.
    3. Will I ever get my order of Bot War from Fantasywelt?
      You will … maybe in time for the next spring cleaning or christmas challenge ?

Not enough music … so I bring you this :

sorry …

not sorry :p

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member
    • Do you watch the weekender “on time” when it is released or later?

Sometimes I’ll see it in my Youtube playlist if I’m browsing on a Friday night – but that doesn’t happen all that often, so it’s usually “some time over the weekend but maybe Monday or Tuesday”. I’d drifted off for a while and had stopped watching – but am back slapping paint on minis again with a sort-of renewed vigour – so I’ll be watching again this evening during my “me time”.

• Have you ever taken part in a sort of “live painting table” with other people around the world?

Not online. I’ve been to friends houses and painted, and even tried a painting session at my FLGS, Dice Saloon. Actually that was quite a nice way to spend a few hours. Maybe I need to get myself back there….

• Will I ever get my order of Bot War from Fantasywelt?

One day. Maybe. Yeah, probably.

Pledge? Well, I found some random guy on the internet selling “cartoon-versions” of popular 80s IP so have a set of Transformers fresh off the printing plate. I’ve given up fighting my typical “cartoon style” of painting, so reckon it’ll work quite nicely on these. Improving speed is my current “thing” – get a bunch of minis painted over a weekend, or over a week at an hour or two each night. It currently takes me far too long to paint my minis, which is probably what stopped me picking up a brush for the last few weeks (ok, months).

Lately I’ve been keen to move away from “the blues” and have been learning to play Americana. I’ve been told it’s basically country and western but without the references to dead dogs and trucks. Here you go….

danlee
    22390xp
    Cult of Games Member

Finished some more 10mm last night (https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1706063/).

thumbnail_IMG_7518

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice work

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

@blinky465 that still sounds like country to me … and it’s about beer.

Shouldn’t it be more like this :

or this :

😀

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Sunday evening…. where did the weekend go? I was just watching the XLBS… then made some waffles… and now the day is over? WHY?

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

And already Monday… or is it? Need more coffee to be sure. I hope your weeks starts nice and relaxed…

…not like mine where some doorknob has closed shut the door to my office making me wait outside for almost an hour…

COFFEELESS!

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s Tuesday… it’s dark. And cold.

Coffee mug is empty.

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

it’s supposed to be extra sunny today … not sure if we can trust that prediction, ’cause last time they promised us heaps of snow.

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Weather will be weather.

The day started good for me. I won another Miniature Relocation Poll in the Doctor Faust Patreon. And so can you!

https://www.patreon.com/doctorfaustpaintingclinic/

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

miniature relocation program ?

what’s that then ?

oh … and pics or it didn’t happen @sundancer 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)