Skip to toolbar

Occasional change of URL

Home Forums Technical Support Occasional change of URL

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42600xp
    Cult of Games Member

I don’t know if the techteam is aware of this (or even causing it by changing things on the live server) but every now and then when I click on something the URL changes from http://www.beastsofwar.com to web02.beastsofwar.com and I am logged off and some images are not displayed.

This happens mostly when jumping from homepage to forum or projects. (At least it feels this way)

Let me know if you need more details on this when it happens and I’ll try to log what I can.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30750xp

Yes please if anyone can log this it will help @timchubb track down the source of the issue 🙂

brennon
    Keymaster
    30339xp

I just got it when I clicked from using the main website to the forums if that is any help.

Also, I still get a loss of images @timchubb when I’m looking at the forums and occasionally at the main page, regardless of the web01/02/www I use.

timchubb
    Keymaster
    3166xp

It’s to do with permalink good news it’s fixed in the development environment and shall be deployed soon.

Images are another story though which I’m getting to the bottom of…

collins
    16344xp
    Cult of Games Member

all hail the great @timchubb ! I don’t envy you mate, with people like me constantly finding things and moaning about them. I hope whatever fuel you run on you’re getting enough of it!

sundancer
    42600xp
    Cult of Games Member

What? @timchubb you guys have a “dev env”? Like… pro stuff? doing it the way it was meant to be done? No tinkering on the live servers… I’m in shock and awe to find that these days… most people don’t have the time or nerves to be bothered to do it that way… I draw my bofh hat to you.

timchubb
    Keymaster
    3166xp

@collins cheers, keep finding them 😀 the fuel is strong black coffee 😉

@sundancer mostly, its not real IT unless your backporting fixes to dev ;), it also helps if you have been doing “devops” since before recruiters found the word and made it a requirement for any IT job, seriously saw an advert for a junior UI dev position which had mandatory vmware, hyperv, xen, puppet, chef, docker and cubernetes experience, along side photoshop, javascript, css and XHTML 1.0 (seems they missed html5 happened a while back) but not one mention of responsive design…., the next listing from that recruiter was for a BI role also required the same copy pasted devops list

Who knows may need a PFY around here one day lol

sundancer
    42600xp
    Cult of Games Member

@timchubb as long as they pay properly and you’re not doing it “for the exposure” or as unpaid intern 😉

On Topic: since the bug is found I reckon you don’t need more data gathered? (I just had the issue when clicking on the Kickstarter article for the softball blunderbuss)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)