Skip to toolbar

Atomic Mass Games not doing their best? News on new X-Wing stuff badly promoted?

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Atomic Mass Games not doing their best? News on new X-Wing stuff badly promoted?

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 26 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

So here is the thing. AMG has taken over everything from FFG in regards to X-Wing, Armada and Legion. The last news update FFG did on X-Wing was 19 March 2021. 25 March 2021 for Legion and 25 January 2021 (at least those are the last News articles over at FFG)

AMG hasn’t change much on their home to pick up the news. It’s still only Marvel Crisis Protocol. Only in their forum is a bit more live with all the rules question.

Yes, they do their live streams Wednesdays and Fridays and they also throw the occasional nugget via twitter or instagram but when I start learning of new products not via the site of the manufacturer but through 3rd party pages like ICv2 then that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I really hope that they catch on quick. Because one reason I was able to stay on top of the game with X-Wing and Legion was that FFG put out multiple articles on new items and you could get your orders in at our FLGS in a timely manner.

What are your thoughts? Where should be the focus of marketing be for a company like AMG?

PS: MAKE STAR WARS EPIC LEGIONS!

seldon9
    12954xp
    Cult of Games Member

Have Atomic Mass Games started releasing their new stuff for Legion yet? I thought they were still releasing the stuff FFG had in the pipeline. Still not an excuse for not updating their website. Perhaps they’re having to scale up their operations to deal with the new games they’re managing.

I was under the impression releases created by Atomic Mass Games for Star Wars would be coming out in the new year. Hopefully they’re up to speed by then. But I can see how annoying it must be for you.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Have Atomic Mass Games started releasing their new stuff for Legion yet? I thought they were still releasing the stuff FFG had in the pipeline.

The wording was, if I remember correctly, “until the end of 2021” products will be labled “FFG”. From 2022 on it’ll all be AGM. But still they are missing lots of opportunities for making waves… I fear they’ll lose steam.

kiranamida
    5783xp
    Cult of Games Member

That sounds like it could be quite unfortunate. I’ve had the idea of looking at starting Legion if I can find a player base once we return to the world as I’ve been really getting back into the Galaxy Far Far Away over the event (read: binge-ing Disney+ and playing some of the better rated video games).

It would be a real shame if it proves to fade into obscurity come that time.
    Have they announced any specific plans comes the end of the FFG run or are they merely planning to announce their plans?

seldon9
    12954xp
    Cult of Games Member

@kiranamida I had a demo of Legion a couple of weeks ago and have dived in credit card first. It’s a good game. It’s thriving in my local area.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Have they announced any specific plans comes the end of the FFG run or are they merely planning to announce their plans?

No new stuff announced yet… sadly.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

And as if they were listening:

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

And again:

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

The lack of any Legion related news is sad.
    I kind of hope they’re just saving it for a big announcement at Christmas …

OTOH … the way they’re sneaking in new characters for MCP makes me think that they’re relying on others to do the promotion. Or I’m simply not in the right bubble to get notifications of those releases ?

I did notice that OTT Store has been receiving more Legion stock (almost everything was ‘join waitlist’ ), which might indicate that stuff is starting to ship again.

@sundancer : isn’t the spider droid supposed to have multiple guns ? Or is that its bigger brother from the Clonewars series ?

It’s good to see the tactical droid (so not painting the fancy gold patterns that some of them have in the Clonewars series though), because I still want to do an all droid army (no biologicals, except perhaps Cad Bane).

collins
    16344xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger you are thinking of the bigger one. this model variant is the smaller one you see a clone jump on top of in episode 2 and shoot in the eye.

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

Luke Eddy no longer being at AMG will likely delay new products even more.

le

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

@collins thanks 😀
    I think that kind of makes sense as those big ones would have been a bit too big for a skirmish game.
    Epic Starwars would be perfect for hordes of tanks and spider bots.

@hobbyhub “not a decision that I made” sounds like he was fired for some reason …
    and to be blunt this could be better for how AMG wants to handle Legion, Xwing and Armada.
    Especially after the disaster that was Xwing 2nd edition.
    At least … I hope there is something positive out of this.

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

@limburger  does mean that no one that was part of the original design team is left, I think.

Presumably they have to hire someone new, which will take time.  And then how long for the results to come out…

Mostly I see people clamoring for new Legion product, which points to Luke being good for that game at least.  Do we know who was responsible for X-Wing 2.0?   Some of that had to have come from higher ups.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

@hobbyhub

That’s not news I wanted to read on a Saturday morning :S

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Here’s the link to his tweet. Give the whole thread a read.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)