Skip to toolbar

Hobby Pledges 2018 resurrected

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Pledges 2018 resurrected

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 59 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  lawnor 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author

warworksdk
    Participant
    1221xp

Thanks for reposting.

Too bad the old forums got destroyed. So much info lost… :'(

warzan
    Keymaster
    30750xp

@warworksdk fear not mate they are not destroyed and we will port the content over as a browsable archive.

We just a bit of a list of improvements and tweaks we have to make around here first 🙂

janus1004
    4165xp

Updated, and actually finished stuff on the original pledge… bonus points! 🙂

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thats 16 more models done towards my pledge.  Poor paint job on the zombies, but they were poor sculpts and got about as good a job as they deserve.

zombies

vik

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

nids

That’s the lats of the Nids for my Pledge, although I do own 10 more

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Imperial Agent Crane Rank is done.  That leaves me just the Morticians and the new purchases to go for my pledge.

crane

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

My pledge this year is to:

> Buy (some bits and pieces) and paint four 1,000 point Age of Sigmar Armies (3/4 complete)

> Buy (a couple of sets and use what I already have) and paint terrain for a table (bought)

> Buy a board and terrain set from GW to play on (complete)

> Play a few four player games of A0S with said fully painted armies and terrain on a board (with a group friends, several times. I have a pool of twelve or so people I’d like to get up, so doing this three times minimum)

I’ve had to revise this with the new edition:

> Get the new rules in print

> Get the new General’s handbook

> Possibly revise the army lists

> Possibly do up summary sheets

> Get the new objective markers

I hope to turn this into a themed thing and post it as a project at some point too.

Its a big, nice, ambitious, fun participation thing. I may also make some props for it.

kevlin
    Participant
    1687xp

renegade-parts

This is one of the big parts of my pledge this year so I dusted it off today to see how much I actually need to do to cross it off the list. Did a project of it to inspire me (https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1238516/)

It’s also my first try with the airbrush so wish me luck 🙂

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Blackclad Stoneshaper for Circle Orbor, Hordes all finished.  13 models to go for my pledge, along with anything else I buy:
    stoneshaper

zoidpinhead
    12476xp
    Cult of Games Member

Okay so here is a bit of a big update as I’ve finally had time to catch-up with myself a bit.  Lots of progress since April when I last showed anything.  Firstly I’ve finished MB:P Poseidon expansion:

The main man himself – this is such a lovely model to paint, almost paints itself tbh.

IMG_1552

IMG_1553

His son Polyphemus

IMG_1554

Minor monsters, the harpies:

IMG_1555

and sirens:

IMG_1556

Big monsters, Charybdis:

IMG_1557

IMG_1558

and Scylla:

IMG_1559

and finally the heroes in the box; Periphetes, Theseus, Andromeda and Antaeus:

IMG_1560

And everyone together:

IMG_1561

I tried to tie in all of the main items with a similar colour scheme and think that it has worked pretty well given the time they take me to do.

zoidpinhead
    12476xp
    Cult of Games Member

I have a number of different minis in this update and some might be considered as NSFW depending on your rules/filter so please be aware as you scroll down.

In addition to MB:P I have worked on a variety of other bits including the Masons from the Guild Ball Kick Off set:

IMG_1562

Aegis Defence Line:

IMG_1551

Early Bronze Age Northern Europeans.  Perry sculpts from Foundry.  Superb minis that I’m not sure I’m totally finished with but they are done for now (the bases will be flocked and grass clumped once all the army is complete.):

Four heroes in chariots with the same model on foot as well.

IMG_1565

IMG_1566

IMG_1567

IMG_1568

Fanatics (NSFW warning):

IMG_1563

and dancers

IMG_1564

For durability on the table they get a Softtone dip but I think it is a bit aggressive on such pale skin and leaves everyone looking rather grubby, perhaps a reasonable look for the period but also something I may revisit on the character figures.

I’m up to 199/365 for the year so more than half way there.  Yay!

Keep picking up those brushes 🙂

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Fanatics: NSFJ(ustin)

@zoidpinhead Great work there.  There is one criticism though.  Replace the blue on the bases of your Masons guild.  Its far brighter than anything else on those models and it really pulls the eye down to it away from the minis.  Its working against you.  Dull it down, or just paint the rims black or grey. Your paint job deserves better.

zoidpinhead
    12476xp
    Cult of Games Member

@lawnor Good point on the Masons bases.  I’ll drop down a tone or two with the blue – I was trying to match the original plastic colour but as you say it is a bit distracting.

And Justin better stay away with those clippers, those fine fellows are entirely resplendent and deserve to stay that way!

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Finally finished my Morticians Guild.   That just leaves catching up on my Circle Orboros purchases.

ball

Ball (Obviously, I hope)

Cosett

Cosset

Dirge

Dirge

Ghast

Ghast

Graves

Graves

Obulus

Obulus

Silence

Silence

beardragon14
    7474xp
    Cult of Games Member

Very nice work @lawnor you do a great job with the Guild Ball Models. They always look so fresh and nicely done. I love the pallid skin tone on the Morticians, very fitting.  I am still yet to start my Guild Ball team but I am closing on completing two more projects (within a a month … fingers crossed)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)