Skip to toolbar

Lord of the Rings: Battle of the Pelennor Fields

Home Forums Fantasy Tabletop Game Discussions Lord of the Rings: Battle of the Pelennor Fields

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  cadfael 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

GW unveiled the contents of the Lord of the Rings 2 player starter set:

Forge World Open Day: Return to Middle-earth™

Looks good and I like the Theoden sculpt, only question is the price.

simons
    241xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yup, I’m excited about this, too. Any idea of timing?

smithsco
    Participant
    1200xp

The article said it would be out in August. I was planning on picking this up but I’m guessing it’ll be out my price range based on the contents. Looks awesome though!

beardragon14
    7474xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yes I saw this on the community website. Super stoked. I have revisited this game over the last 18 months and really enjoyed it . The minis in the new box look awesome.

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Looks like a really great set but also not likely to be in my budget range. New books and hopefully a revitalised scene though and I’m beginning to feel a need to drag out the models I have primed but otherwise abandoned in the cupboard of shame ?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  ninjilly.

teddymademedoit
    Participant
    5159xp

I really like the looks this, in all honesty I am a little disappointed there is only 1 new sculpt in there but I think that’s just because I got so excited when I saw it

I too am hoping the price will be kind to us

spamelot
    1195xp
    Cult of Games Member

hoping the pricings ok too…would really love to get back into lotr, all those dusty boxes of minis need some lovin 😛

brushstroke
    Participant
    17126xp

The general (but not confirmed) consensus on the price is that it will fall inline with other start boxes and be £95.
    Making it a real bargain for people completely new to the game, as the saving compared to buying things separately would be huge.
    Obviously with it being older models isnt going to appeal to existing players but that’s not really what it’s for.
    A box like this will should hopefully bring fresh blood into the game and help grow it again

Personally I cant wait to get my hands on the new rule books…. as for new models, they’re on the way, GW have already said as much.

What a time to be alive! 😀

cadfael
    Participant
    321xp

I am looking forward to this if only to expand what I already have.

carlosfandango
    1300xp
    Cult of Games Member

I have a pretty big collection of LotR models, but there’s enough in the box to still call out to me. Who can’t use a second ring wraith on fell beast or an extra troll? Plus, the new rulebook’s in there, I think.

Like lots of players, what I really want are new plastic models. Please, GW!

while
    4772xp
    Cult of Games Member

This is gonna be great! People were told Soul Wars price at the open day, so that is a massive saving for the amount of plastic! Like £150! And you get the full rulebook! Super for people starting, and pretty good for collectors as well! You can never have enough Riders of Rohan and Orcs!

while
    4772xp
    Cult of Games Member

And Sam and Ben, we need the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game added to the site!

beardragon14
    7474xp
    Cult of Games Member

I support this statement,  with as much support as I can muster.

brandir
    Participant
    348xp

I was holding out that GW would produce a 10mm Warmaster version of LOTR.

<script src=”safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/846d8aec/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js” type=”text/javascript”></script><script src=”safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/846d8aec/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  brandir.

cadfael
    Participant
    321xp

Now I feel contented for once. Not a bad weight of plastic for the set and a good hard cover rules set. The problem that comes with Middle Earth stuff is most of the fights are on an epic scale so how big should an army actually be points wise? To get any good looking formation you do need something like 60 figures plus a side or more. Anything else is a minor skirmish. Any ideas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)