Skip to toolbar

Scifi Terrain Suggestions wanted

Home Forums Terrain & Scenery in Tabletop Gaming Scifi Terrain Suggestions wanted

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 20 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  phaidknott 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

tjafk
    Participant
    1470xp

Im looking for some great scifi buildings and terrain. But… I dont want GrimDark/40k or anything that is glaringly Star Wars. I prefer something a little more utopia (not a requirement, just a preference) I like some of the stuff thats made for Infinity but most Infinity terrain pretty much all looks the same.

Anyone have any suggestions for neat buildings, kits, stls, or other?

sundancer
    42601xp
    Cult of Games Member

You could go through the collection of 4Ground. They produce many things from various designers, I’m sure there is something in it for you.

Other then that there is Mantics Terrain boxes and then there was this cardboard terrain kickstarter… they did a fantasy version and SciFi but the name escapes me

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

This was my thinking for Stargrave. I didn’t want it to look like a 40k board.
    I picked up SCI-FI HABITATION ENCLAVE from Sarissa Precision, quite expensive but looks good and can be set up on a variety of ways. Here’s what is looks like painted from my project – https://www.beastsofwar.com/project-entry/1670428/

I’ve also picked up the OCTO POD CONSORTIUM from TTCombat which I’ve yet to assemble but it was much cheaper than Sarissa.

nogbadthebad
    5771xp
    Cult of Games Member

Dont forget Warbases – I believe they are cheaper than Sarissa/4Ground but are great – my go to mdf supplier 🙂

onlyonepinman
    18053xp
    Cult of Games Member

Do you have a preference on material? I am a big fan of battle systems but I know card isn’t everyone’s cup of tea

sundancer
    42601xp
    Cult of Games Member

Battle Systems… that’s the one that escaped me

onlyonepinman
    18053xp
    Cult of Games Member

Battle Systems looks like it will also work quite nicely alongside some of the TinkerTurf card scenery that’s about to be released, as well as some of the card scenery from recent Infinity sets (or the upcoming TAG Raid)

onlyonepinman
    18053xp
    Cult of Games Member

You can make some really awesome boards using Battle Systems, just have a look on the Battle Systems Terrain Fan Group on Facebook, there’s some absolutely gorgeous looking setups

tjafk
    Participant
    1470xp

I do love me some battle systems, and have couple of sets, I absolutely love their stuff, but Im also looking for something a little more robust than card stock (not that the Battle Systems card is weak or flimsy).

schnitzel
    Participant
    945xp

I am a fan of Black Site Studios. The zaibatsu line is great 32mm

Zaibatsu

Miniatures

tankkommander
    Participant
    6391xp

TT combat https://ttcombat.com/collections/sci-fi-utopia might be worth a look if you are okay with mdf.

Mantic’s sci-fi terrain crate packs are great if you want to enjoy creating structures from a variety of panels and accessories. it’s like wargaming Lego. And in hard plastic for great detail and robust quality. Look up some images of Deadzone to see what can be created.

zorg
    18736xp
    Cult of Games Member

this could be worth a help to your terrain projects ?

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

Warsenal and Customeplee also have terrain, sure it’s Infinity terrain but I’d say it looks good and not to samey.

Micro Arts Studio also has sci-fi terrain.

And some more I found via Google:

urbanmatz and urbanmatz3d

battlekiwi

Corvus Games Terrain

Imperial Terrain

PWorks

Zen Terrain

brutalcities
    Participant
    75xp

I will shameless self promote – old post but, I make terrain that is designed to give you great value because it suits so many settings, be that modern, sci fi, grimdark, whatever! http://www.brutalcities.com

Brutalist-Wargaming-Terrain

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)