Skip to toolbar

28mm napoleonic skirmishers

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming 28mm napoleonic skirmishers

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  alfonsothetraitor 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Well, actually I thought that I never really set foot in 28mm napoleonic tabletop but I play countless game systems now and it does not really matter anymore.

I was asking a friend to join us for or 6mm Black Powder project as we are a bit short on players there. He on the other hand used that to gather some players for his 28mm napoleonic skirmish idea, so both of us got something to do in the end.

I decidet to go with 42nd Regiment of Foot (Black Watch… again) and bought myself 2 blisters of perry metal Highlanders.

The design is just way over the top of the other available Highlanders. We are using the ruleset “Song of Drums and Shakos” which uses forces of roughly 8-12 models per side. For the Highlanders are a bit of a elite choice I will go with just 8 models for now.

I wanted to represent a small detachment of flank company Highlanders so for the Black Watch the plumes are painted red over green. Sadly the officer which comes with the command box wears a regular center company uniform, but I can live with that. The only non historically bit is the sash in tartan colour instand of plain red (it looks way more fancy that way).

Today they will fight their first skirmish vs the prussians.

hope you enoy:

kiranamida
    5783xp
    Cult of Games Member

I know they’re skirmishers but every time I see the Black Watch foot I starting singing to myself, “Some talk or Alexander and some of Hercules…”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bigdave
    3704xp
    Cult of Games Member

looking fantastic! how did you do your tartan?

Thanks.

@bigdave: I started with a dark blue base coat. After this I applied the dark green lines and were they cross I painted a small brighter green square. Finally I draw in the black lines. I dont do any highlights there ust a slight glaze at the end to make it a bit more uniform.

cheers

bigdave
    3704xp
    Cult of Games Member

@miniaturebrushwork interesting stuff, for the black lines did you use a fine brush or did you use a pen?

just a normal brush with a good tip. Really thinned paint is the trick here but not to much on the brush

cheers

damon
    7525xp
    Cult of Games Member

Good looking stuff

I can’t see anything =(

@alfonsothetraitor: I had this problem at the start too, but now it works somehow. But that the pictures dont show for you is odd.

madgolem
    Participant
    977xp

Very nice!

Wow! They look amazing great job on the tartan.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)