Skip to toolbar

Bolt Action Desert War Bootcamp

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Bolt Action Desert War Bootcamp

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 583 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  buggeroff 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 636 total)
  • Author

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

@brucelea @oriskany : ah sorry, tone is difficult to read in text and crossing cultural barriers makes it even more difficult at times. 🙁

I wasn’t offended, but I may have been a bit more grumpy than I meant it to be.

jackie
    Participant
    647xp

Do we need to bring dice measuring tape ect.

leifer1971
    628xp

Bring everything.

Better to have them and not need them. =0

brucelea
    7897xp
    Cult of Games Member

https://goo.gl/images/WqyVZ6

How big is your baggage allowance @leifer1971? ???

noyjatat
    Participant
    16145xp

Mark and I are staying at the Premier Inn as well. Seems breakfasts may be alive with talk of the Desert War from the day before.

svboel
    6220xp
    Cult of Games Member

Me and my mate will also be staying at the Premier Inn too. We will first be arriving around 12.00 at the boot camp on the friday.

By the way do any of you know the rules of bringing paint on a airtravel? or is there paint we can use at the boot camp ?

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I was judging this based on you flying into Belfast City. Might be longer if your flying into Belfast International

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

You might have to put paints in the hold luggage as they are liquids. Aerosols of course are a big no for planes

svboel
    6220xp
    Cult of Games Member

I knew that aerosols was a no. I was thinking of bringing my army painter paints. And yeah would proble keep them in my big luggage.

soapdodger
    17313xp
    Cult of Games Member

For traveling with paint. Acrylic paint in hold luggage seems to be ok due to liquid rules, amounts and limits, but you can’t take oil based paints or aerosol paint even in hold luggage. I decided I would just base coat over the weekend but leave full weathering to when I get back. Only found out about oil based paint when I checked in 🙁 .

avernos
    Keymaster
    33717xp

Just a quick note folks since the guys are balls deep at the moment, army wise these look very close if not actually what we’re getting

German Deutsches Afrika Korps, DAK – 1000pt Starter army

British Desert Rats, 8th Army – 1000pt starter army

you’ll also have the rulebook, saw some western campaign books as well not a stack, but I imagine there’s a good possibility of those also.

Regular dice and tape measures they have, although bringing your own can be handy, especially if you see Lloydie’s baked dice near the table.

Army Painter store will be available to buy paints, I’ll be bringing some vallejo up with me as well and I know a few others are planning the same. Glue, clippers, knives files they generally have kicking about.

Anything else?

irishsteve
    12947xp
    Cult of Games Member

@avernos – cheers for the info fella. Reckon there might be a compressor kicking about I could jack the heathenbrush into for a bit of spray spray??

avernos
    Keymaster
    33717xp

@irishsteve I know they’ve offered to set them up in the past, but Tim is the only one who took them up on it, so I would say it’s a definite possibility

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

@avernos had looked at those sets on site, so your probably not far off, only thing I think they may have tweaked is tanks.

As it stands on those lists Brits get two tanks and Germans get 3 trucks and 50cm gum, err, so unless we want to ram tanks with trucks (as per Korean Film) Krauts are a bit out gunned, likewise if you look a lower point starter sets :

8th Army starter army

Afrika Korps Starter army

You end up with the Brits out-tanked with a Bren carrier and a 6pdr vs a panzer III and an 88!

Could be they have tweeked it a bit , as on above not sure of points if they match the initial 600pts.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33717xp

@bobcockayne not that outgunned a 5cm pak will deal with the tanks very easily, a lot comes down to deployment and dice pulling.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 636 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)