Skip to toolbar

Bolt Action Desert War Bootcamp

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Bolt Action Desert War Bootcamp

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 583 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  buggeroff 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 636 total)
  • Author

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

@avernos deployment I can do, but ……..1

1 tank I’d agree, 2 not so sure, in rules possibly in reality it would be interesting, no rules reflect it but the BESA’s had 3 settings,

Single shot, Auto and insane, insane put it up to around 1ooo rds a minute, not use often due to the BESA’s ability to Jam,

though I have an acount by one commander of him using it with his whole troop when they were hull down behind a dune , and taking down a low flying 109.

Also he genrally fought Valaentines backwards as armour at back was nearly as good as front and it was sloped, plus engine was between them and the pointy projectile.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33717xp

I’ve made several lists for both based on what we’re getting, they’re all very competitive and I am not worried about some wallowing valentine crawling it’s way up the board. if it was one gun against two tanks on a flat table I may be concerned, but it won’t be.

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

@avernos, thats what I like a Kamarad with confidence!

buggeroff
    15183xp
    Cult of Games Member

No sign of my Tiger, I’m gutted….

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

@buggeroff I’d be happy with a Panzer IV a special even better.

An 88′! drool!

avernos
    Keymaster
    33717xp

@buggeroff

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

@avernos more importantly One assumes you have a new selection of  ‘interesting’t-shirts for the weekend?

buggeroff
    15183xp
    Cult of Games Member

wanted the Tiger just to annoy @commodorerob, that right Rob 😉 😉

but agree, really want a 88. and a Pz IV would be nice too 😉

oriskany
    60737xp
    Cult of Games Member

My paints, glue, brushes, all arrived at studio, prestaged.  My 21-man, 2 vehicle LRDG / SAS force arrived at studio, prestaged.  Campaign map – arrived at studio, prestaged.   Selection of books backed.

All Panzer Leader counters printed (free gaming Sunday) – over 400 plus-size, deluxe-mounted counters.  We won’t need nearly that many, but I wanted as many options as possible.  For Germans, Italians, and British Commonwealth, we can built basically ANYTHING historically deployed in Egypt / Libya from May 41-December 42.

Also putting together material for “Scorpions of the Desert” (discussion of small unit Desert Tactics)

Also putting together material for “Legends of the Desert” (epic stories and cinematic anecdotes)

It’s going to be a busy, stressful, and jam-packed long weekend.

I can’t wait!  I just hope I can get some sleep on the plane. 😀 😀 😀

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

@oriskany am thinking of digging out two DVD’s to take,’ Sahara’ (bogart) and ‘ Sea of Sand’

Happy for you to use them for the latter.

oriskany
    60737xp
    Cult of Games Member

In completely unrelated news … hit 20,000 xp recently!

irishsteve
    12947xp
    Cult of Games Member

Couple of ‘gentle’ prewar pints…..cough cough….. refreshements……. on the Thursday evening/night?

maxkee
    1415xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m all for!

Cheers,

MaxKee

jackie
    Participant
    647xp

i am in for a few drinks haha

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m no fun with alcohol, so *eh* nope.

Besides … if travel and bootcamp itself is anything like last time then I’d be wanting all the sleep I can get on thursday anyway.

@bobcockayne : those 88’s were useful as a threat during the FoW bootcamp. Not much killing, but then the threat alone made them worth bit.

However I’m not too sure if they are as useful in the terrain we’re fighting over this time.
    They would be (almost) worthless in ‘Tobruk’

The trench table will make for a lethal killing ground with those things though.
    It almost makes me feel bad for the tanks … (almost )

In the ‘The bridge at Son’ scenario in the Market Garden campaign book they’re practically objectives in and of themselves.
    To me that kind of shows how horrendously effective these things can be in Bolt-action.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 636 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)