Skip to toolbar

Show us zee papers.. Passports of your not coming in ever….

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Show us zee papers.. Passports of your not coming in ever….

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 110 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  blinky465 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • Author

mecha82
    Participant
    10037xp

It’s easy to forget when focusing on how media reports this and how governments handle this pandemic that that doesn’t remove responsibility from citizens. We are all in this together after all so it’s up to us to do what is required to make sure that we and others around us stay safe and healthy no matter how difficult it might be to some people considering how easily Covid-19 spreads unnoticed.

pagan8th
    Participant
    9573xp

@warhammergrimace

Editors are subject to pressure by advertisers and others.

I used to work in publishing long ago (late 1980’s) and although it was only a computer games magazine I found that my reviews were often modified by the editor.

I had reviewed the game honestly, but because the company that created it had a big advertising deal with the magazine that month… the review was made more favourable.

For that reason I’m always wary of reviews of product, whatever it may be and whoever it may be by, if the reviewer has advertising by the company at the time. I’m not suggesting the reviewers outright lie, but they may make a product sound better than it is.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

@pagan8th makes a fair point about removing this thread – especially since the original post that provoked it has been altered *by the admins* (@warzan) from what was originally an angry and provocative introduction (with hate in my heart, you’re all sheeple) to “here’s a discussion about events access” – which appears to misrepresent the entire conversation.

So now this entire thread is entirely without context, the only way it can continue is people digging in to their entrenched positions; maybe it’s best to kill it?

Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)