Skip to toolbar

The Lord of the Rings – The Card Game

Home Forums Fantasy Tabletop Game Discussions The Lord of the Rings – The Card Game

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just received an interesting Email from Asmodee Germany:

Dear Asmodee Partners,

We are pleased to announce today the re-release of The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game.

The re-release of The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game will be released in Q1 2022 and includes everything a newcomer needs to get started with their collection, including cards and components for up to four players.

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game is a cooperative game for 1 to 4 players. Players compete together against adversity in scenarios controlled by the game itself.
    Additional cards and adventures are regularly released for this Living Card Game®, allowing players to adapt the content of this basic game to their wishes or to create their very own decks.

The Lord of the Rings – The Card Game

• New edition of the basic game
    • Epic adventures in Middle-earth
    • 12 heroes and 188 player cards
    • 3 scenarios with 84 encounter cards
    • Game components for up to 4 players
    • Living Card Game®: new cards regularly to create your own decks

On the occasion of this new edition, we would like to take the opportunity to inform you with this newsletter and to answer your most frequently asked questions in advance, if possible:
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What has changed?
    The new basic game of The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game is a revised new edition of the popular classic that is fully compatible with all previously published expansions.
    The new box contains enough game material to take on the scenarios directly with up to 4 players.
    A few revisions have been made in the new edition, for example there are markers with the values 3 and 5. There are 3 new types of cards: Campaign, Favour and Burden cards. These cards can be downloaded from our website as a print-and-play version after game release. There are also campaign rules and a campaign logbook, which we will also make available for you to download on game release.

Who is the target group for the new edition?
    For new customers who do not yet own a basic game.

I already own the old basic game, do I need the new box?
    No, this box is aimed entirely at new customers.

Can I play the new edition with old expansions?
    Yes, the new edition is fully compatible with all previously released expansions.

Can I play future expansions with the old basic game?
    Yes, they will be compatible with the old basic game.

Does the new edition also change the game mechanics?
    The game mechanics do not change, but there is a new campaign mode. We will offer the corresponding components (maps, rules and logbook) for download on our website when the game is released.

Will there be a re-release of previous expansions?
    Yes, some expansions will receive a new edition.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I think this really caught me as a surprise: Yes, the new edition is fully compatible with all previously released expansions.

captainventanus
    Participant
    4776xp

When the first announced the repackage/rerelease the other month they had pretty much said that. Which is the reason I am looking forward to this as I never got into it originally and would like to now.

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

I already own the old basic game, do I need the new box?
    No, this box is aimed entirely at new customers.

…but there is a new campaign mode. We will offer the corresponding components (maps, rules and logbook) for download on our website when the game is released.

Good to hear as I only started playing the game a about four months ago and I’d hate to be tempted into getting the new set.

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

This is a classy move by them, far better than I expected. I love the LOTR card game and being able to get the new stuff on Print and Play rather than having to buy  everything over again is really nice… and makes me want to buy the new stuff to support them. What is wrong with me?!?!

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Spam bot alert!

please review that user kaseyballard posting history!

@tgu3 @nakchak

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)