Skip to toolbar

The Walking Dead: All out War

Home Forums Pulp, Punk, Horror & Weird Tabletop Game Discussions The Walking Dead: All out War

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  schnitzel 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

schnitzel
    Participant
    945xp

Yes please! I love to see other peoples stuff for creativ input.

20190203_130709

DSC07451

20190203_130543

jemmy
    Participant
    2428xp

@schnitzel your stuff is great and believe me you´re an inspiration to others.

All of you: Has anyone tried “Here´s Negan” yet. Is it any good?

schnitzel
    Participant
    945xp

@jemmy I bought “here is negan” mainly for the miniatures. The game itself was only a goody. Unfortunately I just played the tutorial twice and watched some playthroughs. The game is clearly a boardgame, not a wargame/tabletopgame. The most noticeable thing gameplay wise was, that you have to find the right pace to play. Negan as a gamecontrolled character wants specific stuff and speed. If you are to slow its bad, as is being to fast. He can get stuck if you fail to do your stuff, like clearing/secureing a room. The random Negan-events are really random, sometimes a little to random for my likeing. But I had fun nonetheless.

jemmy
    Participant
    2428xp

Thank you @schnitzel , that is all good to know.

Btw, a very useful expansion for TWDAOW is “Days Gone Bye”, because not only do you get nice new minis, but also rules to make up your own game characters without disrupting the game.

collins
    16344xp
    Cult of Games Member

I also have Here’s Negan. I enjoy it and schnitzel is correct, you have to manage negan carefully, throwing your own characters in the way of walkers to ensure he doesn’t lose his shit.

there are two annoying things with this game however

Most annoying thing in this the layout of the rulebook. the chaps at mantic have some way to go to make it an easy to use booklet, every time I want to check a rule I end up having to spend a frustrating amount of time flicking between pages. even simple stuff like keep the end of game score table with the end of game score rules rather than at the beginning of the map layouts.

Secondly, I much prefer the Imperial Assault line of sight rules to the ones in Here’s Negan. I find that the Here’s Negan LOS can be iffy and abused somewhat. When playing with the wife, we house rule it to us the IA LOS system as it is clearer and better in our opinion, even if we then don’t have the LOS we want.

The best part of the game is the event and room decks. They are so much fun and a good reminder about why I like TWD:AOW in the first place.

schnitzel
    Participant
    945xp

Some input from BoardGameGeek regarding Here Is Negan and Zombicide:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2095068/can-anyone-compare-zombicide

schnitzel
    Participant
    945xp

Jey new stuff is right around the corner. Until then have some walkers

Walker 7.1

Walker 7.2

Walker 8.1

Walker 8.2

Walker 5.1

Walker 5.2

schnitzel
    Participant
    945xp

Have some survivors. Ps the new big skirmish pvp rules are out to pre-order.

Morgan with chicken

Carl with pig

Duane

Duane back

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)