Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] 2024 – lets proceed at a considerate pace.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] 2024 – lets proceed at a considerate pace.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42605xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

https://www.beastsofwar.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourselves-new-member-thread/

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil. This includes no philosophy, no home computer culture wars.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Topic suggestion of the week:

• What are you looking for in 2024? No, not what resolution do you make but more a “what you wish for”. Get more games in? Do more painting and building? Getting a better/bigger hobby space? Enjoy a new game? Replay something classic?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42605xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge, finally: get the Bar Room Brawl minis painted, find a home (aka ‘spot to hang’) for my Calendar of many Adventures and maybe work on the P.o.o. that is piling up.

Answer:

• Getting shit done! Too much stuff sitting in boxes and on the floor waiting to be finished or even started.
    • Going to Hamburg Tactica 2024
    • Play some games besides Battletech
    • Maybe start a new tiny game. Depending on cost and delivery and all.

Music!

pagan8th
    Participant
    9371xp

Pledge is to get on with my battle board now that I salvaged the gaming files from my laptop.

My wish is for a big pile of money… I’ll use it to buy a bigger house…. build a huge gaming room… and dedicated painting area…

And because I have a big pile of money I can pack in work and get on with the painting, crafting and gaming.

I’m accepting donations if anyone has a spare million quid lying around…

templar007
    52357xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge :: Making some custom Campaign Scenarios for Pulp Alley.  I have two ideas I’m working with.

2024 Pledge :: To enjoy my hobby more and not stress on any deadlines.  Also, pick, plan and attend a gaming convention in person.  Haven’t done that since before the plague!

Topic suggestion of the week:

Question :: What are you looking for in 2024?  “what you wish for”. Get more games in? Do more painting and building? Getting a better/bigger hobby space? Enjoy a new game? Replay something classic?

Answer :: 1) Make a decent video worth posting.  2) pray for more OTT in-studio shows!  I really miss those.  (yes I’ve heard and read all the excuses as to why that is not going to happen.  But you can’t stop me from praying for it) 🤓👍

sundancer
    42605xp
    Cult of Games Member

@templar007 maybe instead of “praying” me should loose the “r” and then it might work? 😉

@pagan8th you could always start a patreon or GoFundMe 😉

templar007
    52357xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer I am already paying for a backstage pass! 🤓👍 👉 (and uninterrupted for many years at that as well) 💢😃💢

guillotine
    16022xp
    Cult of Games Member

@templar007: To enjoy my hobby more and not stress on any deadlines

Wise words. That’s also my main wish and goal for my personal hobby. I’ve few things going to make that happen:

1. Keep projects tiny (like one unit at a time) but connected as needed. Write down the paints used in the Projects system, keep a separate storage boxes for the basing material used etc. so that you can later paint another unit to match.
    2. Connected to the above: work on what excites me and not force it.
    3. Hobby space organisation. For years I haven’t had a place to display my completed miniatures and terrain. Everything just went to boxes only to come out when playing a game. I recently added a cabinet with glass doors and I have another one to be built. Man it drives the motivation to see your work there!

@sundancer Hamburg Tactica is an event I have long been wanting to go. I’ve several friends who’ve made the trip and always speak so highly of it. Maybe this is the year for myself too!

danlee
    22393xp
    Cult of Games Member

This weeks pledge is to paint up the main hero and villain models for my dungeonalia diorama.

What are you looking for in 2024? No, not what resolution do you make but more a “what you wish for”. Get more games in? Do more painting and building? Getting a better/bigger hobby space? Enjoy a new game? Replay something classic? – On the hobby side there’s nothing I can think to wish for. More generally I’d really love an epic PC game to come along and totally suck me in. The last one to do so was Elden Ring and I enjoyed six months of immersion exploring the world they’d made.

sundancer
    42605xp
    Cult of Games Member

@templar007  so am I! 😉

@guillotine  I’m going to make sure I’ll post here when we go there!

@danlee same, sort of. But then that would eat my hobby time. (And I’ve been dragged back into Skyrim the last few weeks XD

sundancer
    42605xp
    Cult of Games Member

Good morning everyone.

Time off work is over, sadly. Back to the mines!

ced1106
    Participant
    6210xp

Finish up this Gloomhaven: Crimson Scales campaign!

Paint the Wildspire Monsters set miniatures I’m using as proxies for it!

Wildspire: https://www.amazon.com/stores/WildspireMiniatures/page/B343BFEF-3714-440E-9750-50FC66D51848?ref_=ast_bln

WIP of some kitteh and gobbos. Some of these were completed since taking this pic. :

IMG_9103.jpg.18be97373d03fc58a5da0d6edae65c06

sundancer
    42605xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice chubby cat fighters @ced1106  Reminds me of Kung Fu Panda. But an interesting range I never heard of.

Today the drive to work was a bit cold. -6°C. Notice the frostbeard XD

IMG_20240109_061351570

Now coffee and consumption of podcasts… and also work.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hey, it’s Tuesday already! Where are the weeks going? A few more days and we’ll already be crashing into mid-January.
    This week I have mostly been printing texture rollers. And loving it!
    One thing that drives me crazy with resin-printed terrain is that either you have to go thick-and-chunky for floor tiles (like the open-lock style blocks) which uses a crap-ton of resin – or get nicely printed floor tiles that curl and warp as the resin cures.

I have tried, in the past, sticking the resin-printed tiles onto some Dibond and then creating silicon moulds from them. But that’s a whole heap of heartache and hassle. So when I got some Fimo after Xmas (ok, I was told to do something interesting with my sister’s kids and raided their toy box) I thought I’d give texture rolling a go.

Fimo is awesome for floor tiles! It’s pretty robust, dimensionally stable (it shrinks a tiny, tiny amount during baking but it’s hardly noticeable) and pretty easy to work with.

IMG_20240109_082652

The kids got bored with it pretty quickly, so I put the telly on for them and let them play video games, while I cranked out a few different types of floor tiles. I think I prefer the individual tile approach, rather than making a larger, rolled area.

IMG_20240109_082732

Castle Blacktooth for my Dungeonalia project is coming along nicely! (the white gunk everywhere? That’s baby powder. Super-important to stop the clay sticking to – and ruining – the texture rollers)

templar007
    52357xp
    Cult of Games Member

We we’re hit with a massive snow storm last night.  Some parts of western Kansas had up to a 12″  of snow.

We didn’t get as much here.

But I’m leaving for work at least 30 minutes early this morning.  (going to use the 4×4 today) (and hope the idiots stay out of the way)

Also our current temperature is 21° F.  Which I believe is -6 C.

Are you sure your in Germany @sundancer ?  🤓👍

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh yeah, the question.
    What am I looking for in 2024?
    I quite fancy attending a few gatherings. Like UKGE or, towards the end of the year, maybe Dragonmeet. Maybe over the summer, if there are any events on (somewhat) locally.

Getting out and meeting people and sharing hobby is what I’m aiming for, for 2024.
    Since the-event-stay-indoors I’ve kind of got used to staying indoors (for gaming/hobby, obvs. not for playing music). I used to go to board gaming meetups and all kinds of things and just got out of the habit.

So – 2024 – get out more!

Here’s your music. Earache Records are supporting quite a few bands with an old-school sound.
    More of the kind of the stuff I already like? I like that a lot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)