Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] 3 Weeks until Christmas

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] 3 Weeks until Christmas

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42608xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Introduce yourselves (New member thread)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Questions:

• Seriously, do you have all your presents for your loved ones?
    • Do you even participate in Christmas or is it “just a few days off work”?
    • What is your favourite food in this time of year if you have any?

And now back to the show.

Also: I’ll be connecting the Secret Santas this weekend. Thanks to all who participated.

sundancer
    42608xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh boy…

• Yes, but no… all is here except a gift for my wife which is still “en route”. :S I hope it makes it in time
    • I like seeing my daughter being happy but it’s more a giftmas for us since we’re not really any kind of religious 😉
    • As a child it was chocolate and candy and sweets. As a young adult it was all the food you’d buy at a Christmas market. Currently: a hot soup.

I might be a bit less talkative this weekend as we plan to watch LotR again *g*

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy Friday.

Pledge this week is to finish those two miniatures I started last weekend, then maybe paint some Heresy Miniatures ghouls (something nice and simple) which I’ve had ready to paint for ages for Rangers of Shadow Deep.
    I think I’m into a little bit of a hobby slump. Something to do with really getting into a video game (Nier Replicant). A similar thing happened last January when I played it’s sequel (Nier Automata).
    No gaming this Saturday evening as we will be doing a hobby hangout via WhatsApp instead (it’s all doom and gloom isn’t it) but certainly more LoTR card game will be played.

Seriously, do you have all your presents for your loved ones?

Yep, all done. Just need to wrap them now.

Do you even participate in Christmas or is it “just a few days off work”?

It’s present day, visiting family and eating, lots of eating. Not religious, but a good midwinter holiday nonetheless.

What is your favourite food in this time of year if you have any?

Probably dinners, as in something with lots of gravy, veg and meat. Nice warming food. Hmm, mince and dumplings.

limburger
    21537xp
    Cult of Games Member
    1. Seriously, do you have all your presents for your loved ones?
      Presents you say ? What is that ?
    2. Do you even participate in Christmas or is it “just a few days off work”?
      it’s an over commercialized fake American holiday … besides according to the EU we’re not supposed to call it Christmas any more as it might ‘offend’ certain folk
    3. What is your favourite food in this time of year if you have any?
      kruidnoten … and mashed potatoes + kale + smoked sausage

I hope I can do some more hobby after doing my bit during the previous paint&hobby UHH …

danlee
    22393xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hi everyone. This week’s pledge is to finish my Conquest diorama.

1. Seriously, do you have all your presents for your loved ones? – Almost all sorted. Just waiting for one person to let me know what they want.
    2. Do you even participate in Christmas or is it “just a few days off work”? – For me its all about taking the time to be with family. Religion doesn’t factor into it.
    3. What is your favourite food in this time of year if you have any? – My grandmother’s apricot stuffing.

danlee
    22393xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve finished the Conquest diorama and with that I’ve now painted all the purchased models in my “to paint” pile. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1567993/

thumbnail_IMG_6930

sundancer
    42608xp
    Cult of Games Member

Uh that’s nice work there  @danlee

Already Monday… where did my weekend go? oO

I hope everybody had a nice weekend.

limburger
    21537xp
    Cult of Games Member

@danlee everything painted ?
    I hope you’ve got a few spares you don’t know about yet, because you’re not supposed to finish your pile of opportunity … or else.

At least that’s what ‘they’ say.

Weekends are far too short and weeks are too long 😉

danlee
    22393xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger I was very careful to say “purchased models”. I now have the models I’ve 3D printed to paint.

sundancer
    42608xp
    Cult of Games Member

Let me tell you a story about early Christmas… one @horati0nosebl0wer had warned me about an inbound drop… the last two (or three?) years he send me Christmas themed Star War Legion characters. And again this year.

IMG_20211206_173354

But the parcel was a bit big for just one Wookie… the rest is this:

IMG_20211206_210847IMG_20211206_210856

What we see here is:

• one Ork Boar Charriot (6th edition WHFB sprues sold as orruk)
    • one Ork Warboss on foot (orruk)
    • one Ork Warboss on boar (orruk)
    • 8 Ork boys (orruk)
    • 5 Ork Boarboys (orruk)

This makes my WHFB Ork force even larger… I feel at some point I need to learn the rules for 6th edition or 9th age XD Thanks again Santiago… you mad man!

limburger
    21537xp
    Cult of Games Member

@danlee at some point you’ve paid money for those 3D models, unless all of them were freebies … :p
    My pile of opportunity is big enough that I don’t need a 3D printer to make it even bigger 😀
    I must admit that seeing a lot of the stuff that’s out there is tempting, but as I can barely manage to build a single squad for one of the many games I’d love to play some day … that’s not a good idea (yet).

@sundancer are advent calendars really still a thing in Germany ?
    I thought they were for kids … 😉

sundancer
    42608xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ll just say: Faxe beer advent calendar…. 24 x 1 l cans of beer…

limburger
    21537xp
    Cult of Games Member

of course … beer … why didn’t I think of that ?

😀

(and why do I doubt that such a calendar would last the full 24 days ? 😉 )

sundancer
    42608xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m pretty sure other beer breweries had just made bottles with numbers 1 -24 on the bottlecap…

danlee
    22393xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger yes I’ve bought the files but they don’t take up any physical space and make me feel like they need painting until I decide to print them off.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)