Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] She's soooooo hot!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] She's soooooo hot!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 75 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author

kronosthetraveler
    Participant
    5967xp

Finished up a really unorthodox kitbash for my Greywater Fastness boys. I plan to proxy it as an Empire Greatcannon.

DSC00448

sundancer
    42605xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m curios on how that will look once painted.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Big Wullie fae Sutherland is finished! The project post will be up later after I’ve done some other stuff. Base is just a flat colour for now because he’s a simple shelf piece for now.

20200628_162507

20200628_162534

m30wm1x
    2318xp
    Cult of Games Member

Fantastic work all round, great to see all your Celts, kilts, colouful creations and kit-bashes. It’s definately change to ‘stay indoors’ weather here at the mo, so I finally got my German infatnry done. I did scrub and re-wash the bases, it would have been a great point for the start of a melting snowscape, but not a good NWE summer so they ended up getting reflocked as well. I think you can actually make out the minis against the bases now, who’d of thought contrasting a middle grey is a pain(t) in the arse.

IMG_20200628_003146

IMG_20200628_223103

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@m30wm1x That’s the problem with uniforms DESIGNED to blend into the environment, mate. 😛 I have a similar problem with my Bolt Action British sometimes. I find it works a bit better, visually, if you go a tad bit brighter than historical in the uniforms, but I’ve also yet to play at 15mm…the rules are probably different.

Hopefully the project post should be up in the next 30mins or so…depending on upload times… There’s going to be a bit of a break from me to recover from the tartan…also to wait for my next project to get here. Ok, mainly that.

Music, maestro!

Ok… so I took my breather and will be getting back to my display piece tomorrow. I finally got around to checking my post box and there’s been more good stuff delivered. I got the JTT Trees order of Primula Vialli (HO sclae), a sprue of Gripping Beast Arab Archers and Spearmen, some plastic foliage (that looked smaller in the eBay photo) and my first damn delivery of limited edition L5R minis from Privateer Press in quite some time. I have choice words for my exgf and her family regarding that. Without further a do I will go back to doing my damn work.

@m30wm1x Yes, the simple things in life done well are damn good. The issue of saturation can definitely be a problem when you want the figures to pop from the terrain/base. I’ve done some toning down of the leaf litter on the display base I have to allow the plants to pop. From the photo the figures still need a little bit of ‘oomph’ but you’re going for accuracy over pizzazz. Bravo on figureing your solution and not losing your cool.

@crazyredcoat Damn… just damn… a very well done piece so far.

@limburger Yes a new location for when rules lawyers wax poetic or otherwise vent their spleen.

A sweet KS deal on KULT. Unfortunately I’m wrapping my brain around DeGenesis at present and absorbing that fluff. Another cool game to get into and lose track of time despite not having any social means of playing it. I’d honestly utilize Hero Forge for custom minis on that as lately there have been some pretty cool additions to their options.

@robert You spent your time well on the shields. Well done, good sir. Now about that tartan tree… wtf?

@kronosthetraveller Sweet deal on the conversion and the project. Now Reaper does have some interesting models. As far as Tawny I could debate on other models but yeah, for the era she came out, she was a high end catgirl of her time.

@tuffyears Quit baking in the oven. You’re baking the rest of the house.

@scribbs I agree with robert very nice color scheme. You have thumbs up from me on the “diversion”

Since the music has been pretty slow in the additions I’ll punch it up and dole out the aural harshness.

Now for some pain in trying to comprehend the following mashups. As you all saw the Weekender with undead cowboys and th fantasy pirates you might be able to pull through.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@horati0nosebl0wer Thanks, mate! He’s actually all finished up; decided not to base as I have no immediate plans for any friends for him, but if I so chose I’d want to match bases at the time.

So at 11:30 at night, I thought it’d be a good idea to try to reinvigorate my old wooden canteen (same design that my Scotsman has and the same as the Napoleonics, just not painted blue! Though if it survives the soaking I did paint a bugle on it years ago. Not sure why I’m doing it. Maybe to use when I finally get to do some god damn field work without an Event ruining it? Who knows?

kronosthetraveler
    Participant
    5967xp

@horati0nosebl0wer Thanks! Yeah, Reaper kinda runs the gamut from “really nice” to “abysmal,” but I was happy with Tawny when I got her…though I then got a Nomad Daktari and ordered Sunny and Amber from RNEStudio, so she really doesn’t hold up as well as she used to. I thought the pink hair would be fitting as she already looks like the cover of an eighties fantasy metal album.

@crazyredcoat Nicely done on the highlander! He looks great- maintaining the rank-and-file while being full of character!

@sundancer I’m hoping it’ll turn out alright; more than likely I’ll use the same scheme as my other Last Legion boys, with a lot of olive drab armored plating and rusty metal parts.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

So according the Canada Post my new toys won’t be here until Thursday…so probs won’t be able to have any work on them done until next week… Assuming Canada Post isn’t lying to me… We’ll see. That means I probs won’t be up to much for the rest of the week except MAYBE some building, but no promises there. I suppose I could put some work into a Panzer IV, but I doubt I’d get it finished before I’d jump into my new things… We’ll have to see. In other news the wood of my canteen is swelling nicely, so that’s a plus. Not exactly hobby, but it’s the left over of an old hobby. Looking forward to the Hobby Hangout tomorrow, though!

@kronosthetraveler Thanks, mate! I’m actually surprised that Warlord didn’t sculpt him as a Sergeant or something…but there was no way I was going to free-hand that badge onto his arm… 😛

Anonymous
    0xp

Got a wee bit done on this guy this evening. Deciding on whether to add tattoos or not.

588161D6-B17D-4B89-BF97-2393D6F2C77F9BD147CD-20F3-4C7D-92EA-712B0E3AA88A

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@robert Will he have a shield eventually? If he will, I’d say use the shield for patterns and such, if not then something swirling around his chest would look good.

Does anyone else get really antsy when they’re waiting for new toys? It’s kind of a new feeling to me, but I really want to get a hold of them… I might start a research project log into the next mini just to give me something to distract me. 😛

m30wm1x
    2318xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer Hit the nail on the head there. The germans are getting a bit less highlighting with a bit more weathering and a few mismatched bits of kit, to try and get the look of the allied armies being better supplied and reinforced. With the basing stuff I have there’s just a bit of ‘eye-catch’ they’re missing. My Brits have some of the poppies across their bases, but I can’t choose what to get to pop the bases?

IMG_20200701_143259

Anonymous
    0xp

I just stuck a transfer on him @crazyredcoat saves me time, he is only rank and file anyway.

C79718B0-2793-49B2-90C9-00F0B3A577C1

Anyway – stuff I got done tonight when listening to the radio show… quite proud of the first one

5851FFB3-E927-4CAA-9966-BE382BB84DA0

B5653937-F741-475B-A84E-8297C70CC1C40054B58F-F931-49E0-A473-2F5140E2DF4382CAFC6C-2EE8-446F-B794-D414836C9A3C

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@robert Time saving is always important! Fantastic, as always, sir!

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I looked at my DOTT diorama this morning and felt a bit sad – it’s unlikely to be finished before the new weekender tomorrow, so it feels like another pledge missed (though I might just push on this evening and try to get it done).

Then I got an email from Titan Forge saying Cyber Forge was launching this month, and now I feel like an eight-year-old waiting for Christmas. Sooooo excited!

106269823_309137043453566_3215468539408949584_n

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)