Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Yo, I hear you like organizers. So we got you organizers.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Yo, I hear you like organizers. So we got you organizers.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 35 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s Monday my friends.

A new week awaits.

Sunday was rather unproductive somehow. I really have a hard time with the minis from Heresy Miniatures. But it’s not the fault of the minis per se but I really lack some serious skills for blending and highlighting… and patience.. I have zero patience.

How do you tackle minis that feel “to daunting”?

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

Easy … I take them to my mind palace where I assemble and paint them to perfection … 😉

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well…. you must have a rather large head then XD

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Been a while, chaps; sorry about that. School has been really busy and life in general is rather stressful these days, but I had a moment so I thought I’d pop in. No pledge (midterms this week) but I have updated my project with what I’ve gotten done in the past few months. A few pics below.

As for storage woes, I’m currently storing a lot of stuff at my parents just because they have a huge basement for such things and my flat is way too small and cramped. I often just store things in old cardboard boxes that things get delivered in. It’s not great, but it works.

For daunting minis, @sundancer, I tend to find that practicing a technique on a ‘spare’ mini works well for me. I’d rather take my time to make it look good that have to constantly strip it and start again.

20220228_23362620220227_19385920220313_200228

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Welcome back…. weird tank for SW:L there XD

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer : it’s bigger on the inside 😉

Did I have a plan ?
    oh yes … but not really.
    Got some of stuff from the OTT store today (got to support OTT, right?).
    And got myself a facemask + filters to use for airbrushing, so that stops me from procastinating with that … at least that’s the theory. I think I cracked the code on that one, but not sure if I got the correct bits for everything as they sure like to make things hard for no reason at all. That stuff will have to wait for the weekend though, because I don’t have time to set it all up on a weekday.

Anything else ?
    Yeah … people are *beeps*.
    The Coven kickstarter was cancelled because some *beeps* kept complaining about a lack of minis … for a game that’s mini agnostic and had a focus on getting the rules done first. It was past the first few stretchgoals too so the book was getting the upgrades it needed (IMHO).

oh … and I remembered that I have a certain secret project that I could spend time on, because it could do with some sparkle and jazzing up. Need to find art that is cheap, public domain and fun.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

If it’s PD it’s usually free… maybe look on fiver for someone who makes something for a small buck 😉

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

The Coven kickstarter was cancelled because some *beeps* kept complaining about a lack of minis

Well, “beeb”!!!

Thats a real shame. Ok they are going to develop more miniatures and bring it back sometime in the future but they could of a least brought what they had out. Why are people never happy with what’s on offer and always demand more with Kickstarters (and most other things). I hadn’t backed it but I was certainly curious and a potential last minute backer just for the book.

I try to break the miniature down into sections by blocking in some basic colours and hopefully making the miniature simpler to understand. Then I can start on the detail.

danlee
    22390xp
    Cult of Games Member

Work in progress. I think this will take a few weeks… https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1706063/

thumbnail_IMG_7442

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

@demonsub ’cause people are the Wurst(tm)!

I don’t understand that attitude myself, because often it causes creators to over promise stuff which causes horrible delays or complete failure as they run into too many problems.

I suspect that the creators had a bigger target to reach somewhere amongst the stretchgoals and the numbers weren’t adding up, because I kind of doubt that they actually ‘listened’ to the screaming *beeps*.

otoh … not sure what is worse : their listed target and actual target not matching or their need to please the ungrateful little shits.

We’ll see how it goes when it re-launches.

@danlee is that one of them big toy orks that are somehow cheaper than the official 32 mm plastic character model kits from GW ?

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@sundancer I’ll get to the snowspeeder at some point…though it probs won’t be much use on Hoth once I’m done with the camo I’m thinking of putting on it. 😛

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Since it’s a “T-47 Airspeeder” it can have any paintjob you want… I’ve seen many jungle camos and such things.

fourtytwo
    Participant
    12847xp

I paint them.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

That’s easy for you to say… you can paint 😉

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I couldn’t remember it’s technical name; I’ve called them snowspeeders for over 20 years now, I think. Old habits die hard. 😛 I started the base on it. Made sure to not cover the arcs just in case I ever play the game. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)