Skip to toolbar

What is going on with GW/FW and The Horus Heresy?!?

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion What is going on with GW/FW and The Horus Heresy?!?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  captainventanus 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2013xp

So:

when was the last time someone bought a Deimos Rhino?

how about… a MkIII squad? IV?

What is GW doing with the Horus Heresy?!?

I’m in Canada, eh, and LITERALLY (yes, literally) have been waiting for more Deimos since… LAUNCH DATE. Three months ago.

The MkIII armour? I’ve never been able to even order them.

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Your guess is as good as mine…. GW being GW I guess?

solar
    Participant
    2731xp

Im in the UK, I ordered 4 Deimos Rhinos and 2 Kratos from a discount retailer and had to wait about 3 weeks for delivery. It was the Rhinos that slowed the order down. MK3 and MK4 are not released yet, Im guessing they will be in packs of 20 not 10. I think GW has been caught completely by surprise at the popularity of the game which is causing all the delays. I think it will improve fairly soon but it surely is annoying a lot of people that cant buy basic stuff like Rhinos or Tac marines.

elessar2590
    18201xp
    Cult of Games Member

I knew I had to grab everything I needed on release date because good luck getting anything after that. I was going to get it anyway so it wasn’t FOMO it was just good sense.

If I could fine MK III I’d buy 2 boxes to fini9sh my Iron Warriors, I know people who would buy MK IV just to get into the game in the first place. Classic GW, don’t print enough then tell your investors and write in your reports “We sold out of everything how great is that”.

solar
    Participant
    2731xp

On a side note my fear for the Mk3 and Mk4 marines is that they are being retooled to no longer be fully modular like they did with the Mk6s, which is what is causing the long delay tonthem being released. Dont get me wrong the Mk6s are nice but its a shame the poseability has gone…

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2013xp

Thanks for the thoughts all.
    GW used a “paywall” here in Canada, which meant retailers had to buy an obscene amount of product to get the “good stuff”, which meant… no good stuff. I got ONE Rhino on release.

GW being GW is right.

captainventanus
    Participant
    4765xp

I got MkIII marines 2 weeks ago without any issue. I am still waiting for Rhino’s but that isn’t the end of the world as I have plenty to get on with. It’s a little inconvenient but frankly in the grand scheme hardly the end of the world and under the circumstances to be expected.

What happened? Simple GW sold out and it takes time to get kits back in the production schedule even with the expanded facilities GW has. Given the high tempo of releases there isn’t exactly a lot of flexibility in the system.

It’s hardly just a GW issue. For pretty much every system I’ve played over the past two years I haven’t been able to just get everything off the shelf – Dropfleet/Zone, Legion, Armada, Battletech and ASOIAF have all had me waiting around for a lot longer than the time a particular GW was out of stock.

solar
    Participant
    2731xp

I think you were lucky to get Mk3 marines, theyr not in stock anywhere in the UK that I have seen

captainventanus
    Participant
    4765xp

Right now in Dark Sphere you can get MkIV marines and plenty of Kratos and Rhinos. According to their catalogue there are due lots of Special Weapons packs and MkIII soon.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2013xp

That’s just frustrating. They can’t ship to Canada – and they have more stock in one store than probably all the stores in Canada, combined.

28 Rhinos in stock.

I ordered FW Damocles Rhinos, I’ll use them without the command array.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2013xp

Where did you find MkIII “with no issue”?

Because I’ve never even looked at a box – not one.

captainventanus
    Participant
    4765xp

Okay, in total this summer I got 1 old box of Mk III marines of the shelf at a local store. When the Mk III & IVs were rereleased I picked one of each. This would have either been at Dark Sphere or the other online store here in the UK I use regularly. I can’t remember which one the Mk IIIs came from as I had ordered up various things from both at the same time. As it happened a week later I was in Germany and in a GW store saw Mk III boxes on the shelf.

Sure they probably produced too little but they will come back. In contrast I never got a Rhino in the first wave as they were all sold out. It’s the summer I’m doing other things it can wait until the autumn.

phaidknott
    7011xp
    Cult of Games Member

I remember reading about the whole design process for the original Rhinos. At the time GW could only afford to do one sprue for the APC (which meant the top/front of the model was also used for the bottom/rear of the model). The kit was two indentical sprues (to fit in the box), with enough parts to “convert” each half into a different aspect of the model. They did similar with the original Land Raider as well.

There was some real crafty design processes going on back then, and most of us never noticed 😀

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2013xp

Actually, when I saw previews of the Deimos Rhino Predator, I thought they would just come out with a “all in one Heresy Deimos X” kit instead of releasing more just Rhinos.

And then … a big surprise: I got an email alert that GW Memphis had them in stock! So I ordered three regular Deimos Rhinos today.

Still no MkIII or IV though.

captainventanus
    Participant
    4765xp

Sounds good, hope you get them soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)