Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 24/05/19 Jumping the Shark

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 24/05/19 Jumping the Shark

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 86 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  mage 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • Author

20190527_204041New hobby table purchase. Not fully a 3’x6 but it will work. Soon enough all will be set up.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get construction style floodlights with the mini cages over them? I’ve been sitting around and looking at the bases I’ve had lying around and wanted to put some work into adding bits. I’ve gone and found Puppetswar has some industrial lights in resin but I’m looking for something that is squared off. The closest I’ve come are what are parts on vehicle conversion kits for 40k that can’t be removed. I’ll check Shapeways again to see if I just missed them. I’m looking to do is mount them to some post-apocalyptic work I’ve done and run cabling to them. That’ll lead to my next search for a mini generator. Any ideas where else I might be able to look? I think Modiphious had something like that with their autoguns but I haven’t looked there for a while.

@mage Spotty? No no no… Stencil me Scotty. Its a much better look.

18jjj9

@sundancer try using plastic soda/water bottle tops and cut out legs for small tables. I think that if you wanted chairs there ater other companies that sell those online like Deepcuts and Reaper.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Does anyone know where I might be able to get construction style floodlights with the mini cages over them?

@horati0nosebl0wer  have you tried looking for construction sight lamps from model railway supplies? Or some model kit maker do “workshop supply kits” for making garage dioramas.

Anonymous
    0xp

@horati0nosebl0wer TT combat do construction floodlights as part of this set https://ttcombat.com/collections/city-scenics/products/building-site-set Has a generator.  Maybe these could be the base that you detail over to get what you want.   If you put up a picture of what you want, I might be able to scratch build something for you.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 4 replies:

@warzan

I did hear the newer Corax white was a better primer. I concur that Skull White was powdered crap.

@sundancer <10 points>

10 points for the latrines

@crazyredcoat <10 points>

10 points for the work on the shade

@limburger <10 points>

10 points for responses to others

I like the idea of the hypothetical Scifi book you describe.

@wolfch <10 points>

7km in 45 minutes is quite impressive. Gotta have love for the doggos.

Cant wait to see pics!

Deep South are always good.

10 points for responses to others

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 5 replies:

@crazyredcoat

Don’t worry about going quiet for a bit.

As for real life, try and keep cool. If something is big, serious and tough try to deal with it purely logically until you can have some down time to work stuff out with yourself. Emotional reactions to things can kind of worsen situations, intentionally or not. Be strong.

Or if it is more a hardship thing with stuff getting you down, be selfish and focus on your own wellbeing for a while.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 6 replies:

@horati0nosebl0wer

Nice set up! 20 points.

@robert <10 points>

10 points for being helpful

@sundancer <10 points>

10 points for being helpful

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Im planing to do a little work on my marines after work and then get in a game of Imperial Assault with a couple of friends.

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

Moar music !

Rammstein – Puppe :

Rammstein – Ausländer (probably their ‘safest’ video so far ;-)) :

I’m really liking their latest album so far.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@mage Thanks for the advice, mate. Much appreciated. I’ll try and pop in and keep up to date, and maybe try and keep up my pace of doing stuff.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nearly four hours… I ain’t no woodworker XD But stairs are build

IMG_20190528_232506102

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@sundancer <15 points>

15 points for the hard assembly work. It is coming along nicely.

@crazyredcoat

Hope it helps. I’m not trying to be a know it all or tell people their business or anything. I can empathize when I see or hear about someone else going through some stuff.

@limburger

I will have to listen to that music when I am not at work.

I will be closing this thread to an end at 19:30 tonight, my time. I will be too busy tomorrow to do any hosting. Feel free to continue on and power through 🙂

Anonymous
    0xp

@limburger I’m not really a fan of Rammstein but those tunes aren’t bad.  I’m not going to ask about a burning pram though…

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

It’s a bit late but this weeks proceedings have come to an end. Please feel free to keep posting

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

@robert in the song he sings about his little sister who goes to work (in the room next door) and gives him a doll to keep him quiet.
    In the chorus he literally says “I’ll tear its head off and bite its neck”
    oh … and the work his little sister does ?
    *eh* let’s just say it involves the oldest profession in the world.
    A pretty dark song … but then that’s what a lot of their songs are.

IIRC he is a licensed pyrotechnician I guess he just had to show off his skills on stage 😉

//

I stumbled upon this video showing a timelapse that takes an original photo and transforms it into a post-apocalyptic scene :

(the finished result is at 5:10 in the video)

Anonymous
    0xp

@limburger thanks for the explanation. They do put on a great show from what I have seen of them on video.  I known another song about that profession, well two in fact (and some of their later songs may also be a reference to this lady as well).

That video is very, very cool as well. Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)