Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 24/08/2018

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 24/08/2018

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 148 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • Author

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

It is ?

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

More pics later is my catchphrase

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

Aaaannnd…. Lost my response that I had prepared.  :-/ OK, Round 2-  trying again but it is late and I am working on a tiny little notebook so apologies for the rather succinct responses this time around….

@mage the older lego sets might be hard to track down, and possibly expensive – that stuff appreciates like it was fine art… Impressive to do list for the day. Best of luck working through it as you recharge the batteries. Arcworlde mins look great! Lots of personality (in a good way 😉 ) Keen to see how you progress them. A lot of the pics weren’t showing for me either? were back up when we cot to Capt. Boomerang and Owlman, great work there BTW 🙂 Curious to see how you progress the Gundam. Troll looks really nice, like the start on the metal armour. nice muted colour on the orc skin too. 60 points for tunes and hobby progress, another 40 for responses etc. 100 points

@woldenspoons no pressure but please do keep us posted on your progress as you go 🙂 30 points for responses and feedback etc

@oriskany no problems, safe travels this weekend! 10 points

@bothi thanks for the link and updates 🙂 have bookmarked and properly digest and practice later when I have paints and a test mini handy. 30 points.

@sundancer love that dungeon! What do you use it for game-wise? Wow, you cut all of those stones individually? That is serious dedication, well played good sir! 50 points for dedication to getting the terrain done so precisely and authentically and feedback and responses.

OK team going to call the thread there for this week. I’ll do an allocation of awards etc tomorrow and kick off a new thread – caveat that it’s month end so I will e busy with work all next week so might not have as much time as usual to respond but will aim to be on (at least briefly…) each night 🙂

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

@evilstu thanks to my stationary hot wire cutter that was rather easy.

1. Get 1cm thick xps foam sheets
    2. cut multiple sheets in 1cm strips at once
    3. cut multiple strips into desired length for stones. (1, 1.5 and 2cm IIRC)
    4. roll stones in hand to give the edges round curves.

took an hour or so.  Still wouldn’t recommend it for lager walls and structures 😉

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@evilstu

I cant even remember talking about lego lol.

Batteries are fairly recharged today but the puppy is being a hyperactive word that rhymes with a swear word.

The Arcworlde range is amazing. You should really check it out and read the rulebook. Very good stuff.

Yesterdays WIP GKR minis

Repairing my Gnoblar and Iron Father

And finished

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Assembling my Arcworlde

Do I have pics up of my completed firebelly?

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Thats everything yesterday, I think. It took ages to do.

Off to feed the dogs and finish the mordor troll

biggabum
    4565xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well…. I did go through the thread and I commented on a lot of stuff, in fact it took me nearly two hours… then ole sausage fingers accidently hit the back button on my mouse and lost it all. 🙁

As there’s too much to got through it all again, I just want to say fantastic work guys, glad to see you’ve all been busy while I was indisposed.

Anyway now I have retaken the wife’s dining room (heavy assault troops were involved…. well when I say heavy assault troops I mean Matty with a vacuum cleaner). The fighting was long and bitter but the room is now back to its former glorious state of my junk everywhere. So this weekend there will be Hobby.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Sand in my shoes… Dune in the DVD tray… hows your evening going?

Screenshot_2018-08-30 Instagram

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

Has anyone volunteered to host this week? If not then I guess I could do one.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Fire away @woldenspoons 🙂

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

OK team, a quick tally-up reveals that this weeks overall winner was @mage, followed by @woldenspoons and @sundancer in 3rd spot.  Awards for the week as follows:

MVP: @mage for being continually engaged, giving great feedback, interacting and an obscene amount of hobby progress.

Fire Starter: Combined winners of @bothi and @mage for both inspiring the idea of ‘iron hobbyist’ type challenges and running away with the idea respectively.

Hobby Champ: @mage

Meme lord: @mage

Pun-Tertainment: @woldenspoons retrospectively from the previous week for the response to my ‘touching up the Slaanesh minis’ faux pas…

Brush licker: @bothi for the self imposed weekend challenge

Headline DJ: @woldenspoons (because I am a sucker for 90s grunge as well as numerous other genres…)

Armchair Commander: @woldenspoons

Community usher: @sundancer

Storyteller: @bothi for war stories about double blind space hulk 🙂

@lancorz would be grateful if you could allocate the points evenly as per the above 🙂

Thanks so much to everyone for joining in when you could and hope to see you all in the next thread soon 🙂

Hobby Weekender 31/08/2018 Thank you very much.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Woo! Yay me!

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh I hate to ask these kind of questions: @evilstu since “usher” has multiple meanings… what is meant by “community usher”?

Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)