Skip to toolbar

Thoughts on Citadel Contrast Paint

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Thoughts on Citadel Contrast Paint

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

This topic contains 40 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  torros 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author

theamazingmrg
    Participant
    2703xp

@mkultra99: We shouldn’t be ashamed of our painted minis, it’s true, but nor should we be ashamed of our unpainted ones.  This is a hobby, not a source of societal judgement.  Shame shouldn’t come into it.  For the vast majority of people the minis are bought for playing games with.  And that’s it.  People shouldn’t be pressured into having to paint them any more than they should be shamed for not painting well enough.

Do minis look better painted?   Definitely.  Can painting minis be a satisfying process?  Of course.  But for some people it is simply not an enjoyable one, even when satisfaction with the paintjob  is removed from the equation and if you force people to do something they hate in the pursuit of meeting  a communities standards, then thats why people stop playing games and communities fall apart.

Less judgement, and more enjoyment is what is needed, and if Contrast paints can help that, then fair play to GW.

chilledenuff
    Participant
    3595xp

@theamazingmrg Nailed it!  Painting, for me, is a necessary chore.  I know I could play with grey plastic but I’d rather play with (badly, if i did them) painted miniatures.  I hate the hours slaving over a painting table.  These will speed up my painting, they won’t make me better, just quicker

holly
    12044xp
    Cult of Games Member

I had a play with contrast in the week before release. This is the Stormcast I did just experimenting with some colours I knew I’d want to use on future projects (not all at the same time as here!). They definitely require neatness in application. Adding a few highlights and some weathering really helps bring the model together.IMG_3277IMG_3279

Then, the other weekend, I did my first test model in my chosen Barak-Thryng scheme for my Kharadron Overlords. Really happy with how they turn out. Again, with a little extra highlighting.IMG_3342

For me contrast is the tool I’ll use for getting squads painted quickly, allowing me to get armies built while still affording me time for all the conversions and character painting that I really enjoy.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

ok maybe one vid ( I have to do something at work). I think this one explains contrast paints better than any others and it’s not all about one thick coat

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)