Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] A civilized discussion is a nice thing to have

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] A civilized discussion is a nice thing to have

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 35 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer

Awaken Realms is from Poland (or thereabouts) and they’ve made quite an impression using Kickstarter.
    The team behind Anno Domini 1666 is also Polish (“Wargamer Games Studio LTD”), which is something you notice in their designs as they’re not as focused on our ‘standard’ western historic point of view.

// —

I’d say Kickstarter in general has helped the little guys a bit, but the stupendous amount of projects being produced works against anyone who isn’t lucky enough to get their project highlighted outside of their own (geographical) bubble.

I suspect the same applies to the independents in the USA, but the lack of a language barrier makes it easier to find them.

I know there’s bound to be tabletop gaming in China/Asia as well, but the cultural / language barrier is immense. You can see that in videogames where only the most popular things get a chance of gettting a translation and export outside of that bubble.

Maybe the real problem isn’t so much the technology, but the simple fact that anything that isn’t in our own bubble (‘western europe’ / ‘USA’)  is either unknown or ‘too weird’ for us to know.
    Part of this can be solved (usually by accident) if somehow something pierces that bubble and gains momentum (the Witcher is one example … )

It does require us to be open to strange/new experiences though … and we all know that we as gamers can be incredibly close minded when it comes to things that are outside of our comfort zone.

Anime & Manga are probably the first time any of us saw something that wasn’t from our own (western) culture …

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I finished the loader for the MMG team. Haven’t attached him to the base, yet, and the lighting in this pic is not great, but I’ll take a better one tomorrow once the whole team is on one base (hopefully). Definitely happier with the webbing with this one. Not highlighted as highly. Had a boo-boo with one of the decals where the two T’s were smudged somehow…so I had to delicately put a decal over another one… A bit annoying, but I don’t think I screwed it up enough that you could notice. I’ll do a quick project log update, too, just to go over the webbing.

20210504_190053

Might also need an extra coat of Lahmian Medium over the decals to dull the glare, too…

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Morning you lot. Nice progress on your projects.

I’m still giggling about the “bed post press”

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Victory! The dishwasher works again…. unless I missed something then the kitchen will be a mess in short time XD

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@sundancer You set me off giggling again by reminding me about it…

Got the MMG team all done. Project post is up and the lighting is a little better, but still not perfect. I’m happy with them, though.

20210505_110650

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)