Skip to toolbar

WarhammerFest Live blog

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion WarhammerFest Live blog

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

This topic contains 35 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  redben 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

The Warhammer Community have a live blog of this weekend’s WarhammerFest up:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/10/warhammer-fest-uk-2019-live-bloggw-homepage-post-3fw-homepage-post-1/

So so far it includes photos of a new Primaris tank (basically a Predator version of the Repulsor), a new transport and tank dual kit for Mechanicus, the announcement that Chaos Knights are getting a Codex and a vid on Apocalypse and some titbits on how it’ll run (interestingly you’ll only remove minis at the end of the turn, so your opponent will be able to hit you with all the nasty attacks they want, but your entire army will be able to shoot/punch back before keeling over; sounds like a great way to mitigate alpha strikes).  Also, the new paint they’ve been teasing has been announced along with a humourous vid.  The new paint is called ‘contrast’ and sounds like it’s just something between regular paint and a shade; idea is that you apply it over the undercoat (a specific contrast spray was mentioned but I imagine any light spray will work) and a single coat does the job of  basecoat, wash and highlight together.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I read elsewhere they were going to be releasing a non staining pin wash as well

hairybrains
    12989xp
    Cult of Games Member

I would be interested to see the results of using those contrast paints when they come out

limburger
    21537xp
    Cult of Games Member

It sounds like ‘Contrast’ is an attempt at copying/imitating the ‘army painter’ system that also relies on a good first coat and a wash.

As such it sounds very newbie friendly.

redben
    Participant
    9415xp

It has a lot of pigment and you’re supposed to put quite a thick coat on. It then dries thin so you get the effect of a base and a shade. It will also run off edges so you can get an edge highlight also. Whilst it’s designed to work with the new sprays you can use others.

redben
    Participant
    9415xp

These are painted entirely with contrast paints

48E1C90A-2805-4ACF-B545-7666C32F1C20

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

Be interesting to see it in action and not just photos

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

More updates have been added to the blog; sounds like Enforcers are going to be the next gang for Necromunda and Aeronautica Imperialis is going to be returning.  No idea if it’ll be stand alone or will be an outgrowth of Titanicus.

More pics of the new paint in action are up on FB: (can’t seem to be able to copy & paste a link – go look up the recent posts by ‘Garro’ on there if you want to see them)

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

New stuff for Warcry now up:

Edit – Can’t direct link to the vids because the links are playing silly buggers for me. ?

Anonymous
    0xp

That’s everything GW have put on YouTube today.

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

@dracs will be chipper today – latest announcement is the next Middle-earth supplement will be revisiting the Scouring if the Shire with loads of lovely new hobbitses (and some ruffians for them to beat up).

jamjarst
    4011xp
    Cult of Games Member

The Executioner makes me think of the hover tank in Sgt Bilko, especially the problem when firing the gun 😀

chaingun
    Participant
    1939xp

This is a couple of photos of the paint in action. This is the contrast paint straight on to the new undercoat paint designed for them. I’m not sure on it yet.

123AD9DB-C3D8-48AF-99F9-23568702FFB889EF8A67-C5B0-4473-877D-4F6B3D4F2923

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

Brown looks good enough, but there’s something not quite right about that yellow.  But then again that’s par for the course for yellow; though I’m sure a few washes/highlights/etc would make it look better.

chaingun
    Participant
    1939xp

I think they would work better as a glaze / wash after a base coat.

the way they say to use it is to slap it on and let it run off, but then again they want to sell more paint.

The yellow I painted on as if I was using it conveniently, although that is only 1 coat.

The brown I splashed it on in a single coat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)