January 11, 2016 by stvitusdancern
Warlord Games is now offering three new bundles for troops from different armies in winter gear. These new bundles are a great way for anyone to either get into Bolt Action or start a winter campaign.
The three bundles offered are: German, American and Soviets, I am hoping we see more armies in the near future. I would love to see the Brits, and the Italian mountain troops represented as well. I would like to see the British for campaigns in Norway.
In the German bundle you get:
- German Heer HQ (Winter) x1 blister
- German Heer MMG Team (Winter) x1 blister
- German Heer 75mm Pak40 Anti-tank Gun Team (Winter) x1 blister
- German Grenadier Squad (Winter) x2 boxes
- Schwimmwagen x1 pack
With the Americans you will see the ever present wool great coat among other items:
- US Army HQ (Winter)
- US Army MMG team (Winter) – Prone
- US Army Medium Mortar (Winter)
- US Army Infantry Squad (Winter)
- US Army Jeep with .50cal HMG and Crew
With the Soviets, who I believe are the experts in cold weather warfare, just look what they did to the French first and then the German armies, is a nice variety of the impressive “padded” uniform:
- Soviet Winter Infantry Plastic Box Set
- Soviet Assaut Engineers SG43 HMG Team
- Soviet82mm Mortar Team
- Gaz 67b Field Car
All of these sets are a really nice starting point for a winter themed army, I believe they capture the feel of winter warfare (other than always freezing your toes and nose off and not having bare skin stick to the metal of your weapon). I have always wanted to do a winter themes table and now that we have the room in our new location maybe just maybe I will get to build one.
What would be your army of choice to fight a winter campaign?
"These new bundles are a great way for anyone to either get into Bolt Action or start a winter campaign..."
"What would be your army of choice to fight a winter campaign?"