July 25, 2013 by brennon
Fantasy Flight Games are taking their Dark Heresy role-playing game to a new level with the 2nd Edition entering it’s beta stage. Check out the snazzy new artwork below along with a little bit more information.
This new version of Dark Heresy comes with (taken from the release)…
- Streamlined skills that can be used with more than a single characteristic.
- Fast and fun character creation, with exciting variety through combinations of home worlds, backgrounds, and roles for almost endless roleplaying possibilities.
- The ability to play as an Inquisitor!
- New rules for psychic powers, with each discipline gaining its own unique psychic phenomena table.
- Talent trees that visually help players plan their character’s progression.
- Combat mechanics that give more tactical flexibility and control over performing actions.
- Damage and wound rules that make a character’s health something more than just a number, plus lots of great (and gory!) wound effect tables.
- Vehicles and vehicle combat as an integral part of the core game.
- Easier-to-use NPCs, each with a threat rating so that Game Masters can build suitably challenging encounters.
- And much more!
It certainly sounds like it should be an interesting twist on the original format and while this might make you think they are re-inventing the entire Warhammer 40,000 range have no fear, it’s just Dark Heresy getting the treatment.
I like the ability to play as an Inquisitor in this newer edition. This means we’re getting closer and closer to a nice playable version of the rules present in Games Workshops own Inquisitor game.
Will you be taking on the mantle of Acolyte?