Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 05/04/19 Weave me a yarn

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 05/04/19 Weave me a yarn

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 97 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  tuffyears 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 108 total)
  • Author

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

@woldenspoons :

This video made a lot of sense as to why Suicide Squad felt wrong both in terms of writing as well pacing.

This one says the same thing :

The movie itself did little to convince me that this was anything other than Will Smith the superhero movie …
    We’re supposed to believe these are bad guys/villains and yet we get to see the de-facto leader as a family man first.

// —
    I must say that the in-movie explanation of ‘captain Mar-vell’ made zero sense.  It’s not like she needed to protect her identity like an earth-bound hero. I could have cared less if she had been given a different name.

I know nothing about any ‘official’ background for any of these characters, so I’m relying on whatever the movie/trailer says.
    And to me ‘Shazaam’ feels like a superhero movie for kids. The kind that Disney would make and push straight to video like Spykids. There was nothing in the trailer that made me think it was going to be fun for me.

Captain Marvel otoh had an interesting (if derivative) plot that the trailer managed to make interesting enough for me to want to see it in theatre.

marcuslamb
    5802xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks t0 the encouragement on here and the project page I rattled (get it “rattled” :D) off the Skaven Linerats last night. Also @robert – cracking tunes – got me through the last stages of painting.

20190407_200132

20190407_200056

@mage – looking to pick up some textured paints for weathering tanks – do you reckon the GW ones are better than the Vallejo ones?

@limburger – yeah started binge watching Luke Towan’s videos. They are absolutely incredible. Will probably never make anything as detailed as that but most of the techniques can be transferred to wargame terrain too.

Tonight’s plan, sit down with The Terrain Tutors Sunday night live show and finish off the positionals which I have mostly base coated already.

sundancer
    42622xp
    Cult of Games Member

ah, bloodbowl… need to play that again one day

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

@marcuslamb words of wisdom, jokes, tips, puns and encouragement … that’s why this thread exists 🙂

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Was at the movies til late last night and spent the day with the GF so responses later or tomorrow, guys! ?

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Oh, and lads, just go see Shazam!

its great and enjoyable and a tad formulaic  but hilarious and so much fun

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

I’m going semi retro and watching Aquaman. I’ve been looking forward to this.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

I thought I would be back sooner. Busy day with chilling out as crazy as that sounds. Long story short I have to go into work for 2am – 8am but dont have to work a twelve hour day tomorrow. Ill reply to some of this now and some later.

Also, I have finished my Redemptor Dreadnought and have started on my Captain in Gravis Armour, converted. And sprayed some terrain.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Third photo is the final touch up and sub assembly. They have since been snapped together

2D186B9C-3FA2-465B-A74D-00A5C71CD03FD5A75FA5-A5D6-4EA8-92C2-E3202517DE8767FE3384-E87D-4427-ADE2-A92DB69F87EF9503DE70-3EE5-45D5-901F-DE6852BAC87C

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

How is everyone doing?

Page 5 replies:

@woldenspoons

Aquaman is solid, it is the second best DC movie imho

@limburger

Cant remember did you see Captain Marvel? Because Her life as a pilot and life as a Kree which was a lie… well she could go back to neither. To me Captain Marvel was who she now was with the new Chapter of her life rather than a shoehorned name.

@marcuslamb <70 rupees?

Rattled? That was terrible. 10 rupees

Skaven linemen finished looks great! 60 rupees, that’s a nice few minis complete.

As for texturing paints I am not familiar with them and use mainly GW stuff. It might be a good idea to go into the WAYPN thread and ask, or start a fresh one. Some members of the community do not find hobby weekender threads to be their cup of tea: ergo your enquiry would be missed by many a talented community member 😉

@sundancer

you should make a wookie team for it… DO IT

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Okay I am off for a few hours.

@dawfydd that is my Redemtpor Dreadnought. Your turn!

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage I did see the movie. I get that she didn’t want to be called ‘Vers, but why not use her original human name ?

Would you change your name just like that ?
    And then the name itself. She’s supposed to be ‘Mar-Vell’ as a way to remember an important person within the movie.
    Only for it to be reduced to ‘marvel’ within seconds.
    The entire point of her new name reduced to a joke about the publisher which only serves to highlight that this movie merely exists to explain a plot point in the new Avengers movie.

All that potential for an interesting female superhero … and *poof* sorry missy, but we only need you as a deus ex machina in the next movie and black widow is already in.

sundancer
    42622xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage I have one painted ork team, on painted goblin team and the two teams out of the last box set 😉 That’s enough.

But I did some building: https://www.beastsofwar.com/project-entry/1374477/

Anonymous
    0xp

@mage Deep Space Nine?  Didn’t really get that into it.  The Next Generation is were it is at.

@tuffyears the Abbot is a nice looking vehicle. If I ever do Team Yankee, i’m going British but including Harriers, just because they are my favourite aircraft.

@woldenspoon where can one find this coal black paint?  I’ve bought one P3 paint in my life, and I can’t remember from where.

@marcuslamb the rats look good, keep up the good work!  Glad you like the tunes.

@limburger words of wisdom?  not sure from who 🙂

@sundancer what is warping?  Apart from your mind 🙂  What are the Hexs made from?  What are the roads made from?

IMG_1202IMG_1194

Today I built stuff.

sundancer
    42622xp
    Cult of Games Member

@robert the roads warp and curl from the pva I use. The hexes are xps foamboard and the roads are 180 grid sandpaper from a roll 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)