Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 21/6/19 – The Shortest Night of the Year

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 21/6/19 – The Shortest Night of the Year

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 144 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 166 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    0xp

@limburger I struggle when it gets over 20C.  I really can’t take heat at all so it is lucky it rarely gets over 20C over here!

@mage They are the Space Sharks, not some fancy Latin name 🙂

@evilstu Good to see you and hopefully time for hobby will come more abundant in the future.

Anyway, I have spent the morning reading and watching the Weekender, so am off to paint the tiny fighty men sitting on my bench!

limburger
    21537xp
    Cult of Games Member

@robert and they’re space marines and not adaptus astart somethings.

I still call space elves Eldar and not that fancy schmancy new fangled name.

Orks is still orks, right ?

‘cuz they be mighty miffed

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

@woldenspoons Gotrex is out in September

Anonymous
    0xp

They will always be the Imperial Guard to me as well @limburger.  Named after Napoleon’s near unbeatable elite troops and now they are just cannon fodder with a silly name.

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

Calling the pizza oven done

64401792_10156043108115458_2905214100621492224_n65461615_10156043280210458_8251231611316600832_o

Anonymous
    0xp

Looks great @tuffyears  It is a lovely model and I do like a lot the stuff they are doing for AoS.   The bog question is… Do Dwarfs like pineapple on their pizza?

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

limburger
    21537xp
    Cult of Games Member

LOL … Pizza oven.

It is indeed a nice model, but I do question why the heck they’d build it like that.

Subs in space!!!

I’m not sure if this is so bad it’s good, but *eh* …

Next time your flights may have standing room only :

Literal hell for budget flyers.(Standing seats) from assholedesign

Anonymous
    0xp

@tuffyears that pizza didn’t look good but I bet it tastes great – no pineapple though.

@limburger I love my Power Metal but even I think Gloryhammer are bad!  The owner of Ryan Air has said he wants to put standing seats in aircraft for short flights.  Belfast to Glasgow is literally 20 minutes of air time, so if it was significantly cheaper than sitting I would – though for those who couldn’t stand, I wouldn’t want to see flying become unaffordable.  It is an interesting one.

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

my finger slipped an I  “accidentally” ordered this 😉 😉

s-l1600

Anonymous
    0xp

I don’t know any songs about White Dwarfs, this will have to do!

Anonymous
    0xp

IMG_1698IMG_1697IMG_1699IMG_1700

Anyway I did a strength test on my pasta terrain and managed to crush one of the bigger bits.  I did put a fair bit of effort into crushing it so I am fairly happy that it will be robust as I go forward with the idea.  I’ve also painted the stems/trunks of my fantasy trees/mushrooms.  Maybe try and get them finished tomorrow.

I’ve also got the black done on my tiny fighty men.  10mm are well enough detailed and tiny at the same time that they do take a while to even block in a few colours.  I’ll just work on the Dwarfs I have ready tomorrow and save the City Guard for later in the week.

holly
    12044xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy weekend everyone!

This weekend am continuing to be motivated to work on my AoS Kharadron Overlords. The new Contrast paints have been such a productivity boost!

IMG_3367

IMG_3374

1. Do your hobby habits change with the seasons?

Definitely – I am very solar powered and I paint so much more during summer than winter (the extra daylight in the evenings helps)

2. Would you play a summer Olympics style game?  I’m imagining players taking the role of Greek gods and creating beings, both human and mythical, to compete over a series of events to see who is the top god!  How would you design such a game?

I would definitely play a game like this – a miniatures game where you pick your team from minis with different stats to create a Decatholn team. Played as 10 mini-games, this could offer great variety, interesting drafting dynamics and a means to create engagement across different games as you can look at ways to improve your scores as teams get different results in the games.

3. What is your ideal summer’s day?

For me, it’s breakfast and a coffee in the garden, a few hours in a lovely park with the kids, and then home for pasta and wine in the garden. It never happens like that – but that’s the dream!

limburger
    21537xp
    Cult of Games Member

@carlospictor welcome to the party 🙂

Those dwarves look good.

I wonder if there is an event called ‘dwarf tossing'(*) in a fictional setting …
    It might be a good reason for dwarfs to want to go to war with such a nation (not that they’d need one … )

(*) Google once again proving that truth is stranger than fiction / humans are sadistic creatures / both

Anyways … if an ‘Olympic’ equivalent exists then surely those mini-games also would be part of regular competitions.
    Fun fact : one of the ‘games’ in the modern Olympics was a poetry competition.
    As such these things may not need physical strenght.

I suspect that most games will be based on whatever is needed in war or survival.
    And because these events will be a way for nations to show their (military) might there’s bound to a reason to cheat or sabotage opponents.

Anyone ever see ‘The Salute of the Jugger’ ?

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

60004189_10157729354254276_971148451301556224_o

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)