Skip to toolbar

New from Plastic Soldier Company

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion New from Plastic Soldier Company

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  torros 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

FB_IMG_1567339844105

No indication of price yet

Anonymous
    0xp

Another view of the BTR-60s

69438406_2390669827707770_1184838695073611776_n

It is tempting if the price is right.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m might be interested  myself. Be interesting to see how they fit in with the Timecast 1/144 stuff

piers
    Participant
    25465xp

T-64_company

Chieftain_TroopMech_Inf_PlatoonBMP_company

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

Interesting that they have moved away from 15mm for these models, since their WWII era started with 15mm.  It did seem to have an impact on Battlefront, with a lot of their releases shifting to plastic in response.

I can understand having a modern era game in a smaller scale, but peoples’ terrain collections aren’t going to be cross compatible.  Obviously PSC would know that, so are they going to be releasing terrain in that size as well?

piers
    Participant
    25465xp

10mm fits with railway N Gauge scenery… so tons of it available.

20190822_202210

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

Good to know.

Do you think that PSC are after capturing the model railway enthusiast market? (Honest question – not poking fun).

In the current market I see more people thinking “I’ve got these models or these bits of terrain… What else can I use them for?”.

I see this really in GW’s Kill Team and Warcry, even Underworld X – models and terrain being used across multiple games within the same world….

phaidknott
    7014xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s probably more 10mm so that the “area” of the battle you can get on your usual 6X4 table is larger (and this means you can have rules for things you wouldn’t normally see in 28mm). “Traditionally” (before TY was released), moderns was a 6mm (1:300) period so that you could get the large scale games in (or 20mm for a more skirmish game), so 10mm comes in somewhere in the middle (and 6mm is already heavily available anyway).

They do look nice, I guess it’s going to be restricted to Soviet, British and US stuff at first (Piers?) before we see other Nato/Pact stuff, but even so there’s some 10mm (or 1:200) “metals” already available for moderns from other manufacturers.

As for Model Train Terrain, wargamers have always been “poaching” it from hobby stores from the year dot. HO Scale is roughly 20mm scale, so that’s one of the reasons we saw 20mm become one the main scales for WW2/Moderns (well that and the fact many plastic model tank kits were also in HO Scale). It’s only over the last 20 years or so that we’ve seen EVERYTHING become available in 28mm (terrain wise) and this was custom built specifically for the wargame market.

For me the PSC releases is going to be about price, if they are about the cost of GHQ/CinC models in 6mm I’ll probably stick with them. But if they are specifically cheaper, then I might take the plunge 🙂

Anonymous
    0xp

When it comes to train gauges you have to be careful.  British N-Gauge and Continental N-Gauge are different scales but use the same sized track.  OO and HO are also two different scales but use the same size of track.  OO is approximately 1:76 while HO is 1:87.  OO is basically a British scale, while HO is popular in the US and the rest of Europe.  Tanks were scaled to 1:76 and still sold at this scale (though not as popular as 1:72), not 1:87.  (also British N and OO rolling stock are all out of scale, the trains are too big for the width of the track).

As far as I remember, the company that first tooled the 1:76 train and military kits went out of business, the tools for the military kits were bought by Airfix or Revell and the train stuff is now sold by Dapol… there is a very good chance I am misremembering this – it was explained to me many years, and many beers ago.

piers
    Participant
    25465xp

@phaidknott

NorthAG book has core rules and British and GSFG lists.

A second book – CentAG – will just be lists for other NATO nations and Warsaw Pact forces.

As for price, I have no idea, though I have seen the new plastic production tests, and I’m told its significantly cheaper than normal. How this flows down to retail price, I’m not sure but I suspect they will be very competitively priced.

soulman
    2945xp
    Cult of Games Member

10mm……eek

phaidknott
    7014xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nothing wrong with 10mm, I’ve got 10mm ACW, Naps and AWI (The AWI ones from Pendraken are the best ever in number of alt sculpts and detail), Ancients.

I look upon them as 6mm for those that have got a bit older and don’t have the eyesight (or brush control) we used to. Easily gives that “mass” look on the table…..

For these moderns, I’m still awaiting the pricing before declaring my undying love for them 😀

bloodmoonorc
    Participant
    1762xp

I don’t see any issue with 10mm, but I’ll use the models I already have. I’ll assume that Northag has the same scalability as the rest of the Battlegroup system so I’ll be using 6mm for company/battalion size games and perhaps 15mm for platoon level. I can’t wait.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

The Pendraken metal 10mm moderns are £3.75 for a tank so I am presuming these will be cheaper

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)