Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] 2023 – 'ere we go! 'ere we go!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] 2023 – 'ere we go! 'ere we go!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 58 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

My day off from work today and I’ve got a fare bit of hobby done. I’ve cleaned and assembled 8 more lizardmen and based another 20 models (tribesmen and snakemen) with sand, then sealed them before priming them.
    Once these last 8 lizardmen are sealed and primed I’ll then have a total of fifty six minis to paint.
    Oh, and I’m waiting for one more snakeman model from North Star, so fifty seven.

@sundancer wrote:

Not quiet sure on what to do with it. Build it “as is”, make it Orky or just go full ham on the glorious grot revolution…. I mean… I now where is lean to but… any other ideas? XD

I’d go full orky on it and add lots of stuff from your bits box.

@danlee Wrote:

I also intend to play through Aeon Trespass Odyssey

I just watched an unboxing on this and the minis look amazing. Also it looks like that will be a lot of gaming as I’ve heard it’s quite a sizeable campaign.

Oh, and I just got a dispatch notification from Heresy Miniatures for an order I made in October. He’s had an awful lot of problems in the second half of last year but he’s gradually making his way through orders and catching up. Sometimes a one man show can be very hard but Andy is certainly resilient. I knew the order was going to take a while (I don’t mind) but he even included a personal apology in the email. A great guy.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh, and I just got a dispatch notification from Heresy Miniatures for an order I made in October. He’s had an awful lot of problems in the second half of last year but he’s gradually making his way through orders and catching up. Sometimes a one man show can be very hard but Andy is certainly resilient. I knew the order was going to take a while (I don’t mind) but he even included a personal apology in the email. A great guy.

Yeah, if you follow him on twitter you get so much information on how miniature business can go wrong it’s not even funny. Still waiting for my last KS but he has trouble with the guys that should be making the siocast models for him. From what the KS Updates tell they themselves have large issues with the siocast production process.

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yep, I’m waiting for my Kickstarter rewards as well. I’m not sure he’s redone the moulds yet for the mech (I ordered two).

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Good morning everyone.

I was horribly productive last night. First I turned this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnU6-S_tRRv/

into this

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnU_qPstMND/

(Blue Brixx Cop Car)

and then I build the KV-2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnVLlxitDOM/

I really like the tiny tonk and I’m not sure I want to convert it to something orky. What really blew my mind was the build quality in both cases. Blue Brixx is *horrible* compared to LEGO. I’ve never had bricks with flash on them. It’s really bad. They do work but at times I had to scrape flash of. But the KV-2, cheap as the kit was, was flawless. Zero flash, not a single mould line and only sprue connection points needed cleaning up. The wheel have rubber bearings and the tolerances and gaps are so small to put some Gundam kits to shame. There is a reason I could finish it in 60 minutes.

If the rest of the models that company makes are of similar quality then hand me some more. (MENG, need to look them up in more detail)

Edit: looked them up. A model builders wet dream (and a website programmers nightmare) They even to Neon Genesis Evangalion as full pose-able model.

http://www.meng-model.com/en/contents/223/516.html

Well…. here is to a good start 2023 XD

@sundancer Lol… you have just stepped into the realm of the anime series “Girls und Panzer”. Good luck as you fall into the realm of model builds as John has. Thinking about that you might actually be able to sit with your daughter and watch it to press her further into deeper waters of geekdom. Good show of productivity.

Addendum:
    @avernos a 50% off sale on Serious Play animals means you can get twice the amount of squirrels you thought you wanted for that SAGA squirrel force

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer no, if I start watching any tiny tank anime with her it’ll be Dominion Tank Police.

It’s Sunday, I’ve got my cup of coffee and now it’s XLBS time.

danlee
    22390xp
    Cult of Games Member

Got the first Raging Heroes print done. I really like the dynamism of this sculpt.

Resolution 2023: Race Against Raging Heroes

thumbnail_IMG_8926

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice work on that 3D heresy 😉

Heresy you say?… Napoleon!!!

th-3522494578

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s is Monday.

Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy your week.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Question: can one have to many projects active?

Answer: I’ll add one more to my list! MOAR PROJECTS!

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

How is the projects system doing these days? Last year I thought I’d start to use the projects system as a kind of personal blog (instead of starting up a personal blog like I used to run many, many moons ago). But it was slow and flaky – and almost all my earlier projects are littered with spam posts and advertising links, so I haven’t bothered with projects for quite a while.

I’m thinking of making a cyberpunk tabletop RPG (yes, with miniatures, no, it’s not “doing it wrong”!). I was going to document progress in a personal blog (of course it’ll be littered with LEDs and microcontroller-y goodness) and then I remembered there’s a projects system here. Do you still have to write everything to Notepad first, in case the site falls over when you make a “big post” ?

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

To be honest @blinky465 the project system is as “wonky” as the complete site is at the moment. Spam has gotten a lot better but every now and then OTT will just time out :S

Do you still have to write everything to Notepad first, in case the site falls over when you make a “big post” ?

Yes.

Tonight will be uHH and I just came back from donating blood. No, I don’t know why they are always here on a Tuesday but I can’t help it. Light headed show it is!

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m just heading back from swimming so will try to remember to catch the show tonight. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh god time flies.

It’s Friday and I have actually painted more minis *and* played a 500pt game of Star Wars: Legion! I think the world is ending XD

Here is proof

IMG_20230119_210519857

IMG_20230120_200408606_edit

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)