Skip to toolbar

Victrix 12mm WW2

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Victrix 12mm WW2

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  timmoth 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just had an e-mail from Victrix

They have set up a new company Victrix Games and and are starting it with WW2

and wait for it in 12 mm scale..

I’m saying nothing!

We’re excited to announce the we have set up a new company called Victrix Games.

This is a subsidiary company of Victrix Limited and will be focused on bringing you fully functional gaming systems as well as high quality vehicles and figures to use in these games.

Our products

Our first launch is a 12mm Wold War II gaming system. We have chosen 12mm as it allows gaming on a 1:1 scale for all vehicles and figures.

By ensuring that 1 vehicle/figure represents 1 vehicle/figure in real, life, it gives the game a more authentic feel, with the attritional nature of war being ever present in the gamers’ mind.

12mm allows for realistic scale actions even on a small 6ft by 4ft gaming table without the battle looking overcrowded and unrealistic. You decide how big or small you want the game to be.

This first theatre will be based on Normandy 1944. It includes separate British, German and American forces. The game is predominantly a tank and infantry-based system but will also include rules for ground attack aircraft.

Other theatres currently being developed include North Africa and the Eastern Front.

Upcoming Releases

The system is based around a set of core rules which are scheduled to be released in late 2020. However, for those already keen to get their hands on Victrix Games’ products, you’ll be glad to hear that in the meantime we will be releasing several vehicle and figure sets based on the Normandy 1944 theatre. You can expect these to be available in early 2020.

First wave of releases includes (early 2020):

German Forces

Panther Ausf G
    Panzer IV Ausf H
    Tiger I
    Puma
    Stug III
    Wespe
    Sdkfz 251/D + Variants

British Forces

Sherman M4A3
    Sherman Firefly
    Churchill
    Comet
    M3/M5 Half Track
    Sexton

US Forces

Sherman M4A3
    M10
    Priest
    M5 A1 Stuart
    M3/M5 Half Track

Second wave of releases (late 2020):

German Forces

King Tiger
    Pal 40 + Crew
    Panzar Grenadiers
    Support Weapons
    88mm + Crew
    105mm + Crew
    Wirbelwind
    JagdPz IV

British Forces

Bren Carrier + Variants
    6pdr + Crew
    British Tommies
    Support Weapons
    Lloyd Carrier
    Armoured Car tbc

US Forces

M8/M20
    57mm + crew
    US Infantry
    Supports Weapons
    Hellcat
    GMC + Jeeps

Thanks to the use of smaller cutting tools, we have really been able to accommodate the finer details of the tanks. You’ll notice that these vehicles have even sharper details than some larger scale models.

We hope you’re excited as us for the release of these superb figures. We’ll be bringing you more Victrix Games’ details over the coming weeks. Keep your eyes peeled for updates.

Victrix Limited | www.victrixlimited.com

‌    ‌    ‌ Photos not moved over , but do look nice.

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

sooooo FoW but a bit smaller? Oo

avernos
    Keymaster
    33467xp

It’s worth jumping on facepage and checking out the posts about this.

I’ve seen one person who thinks it’s positive and dozens falling over themselves to point out how  wank this is.

Seriously whoever put this as a viable Idea needs a drug screening before they harm someone in a meth and coke fueled rage.

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

This is weird….. yet another scale…. did anyone really asked for this? oO

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

Maybe it’s a typo and they meant to say 15 mm ?

That’s what their current ground attack airplane kits are …
    It’d be kind of silly to create new scale that doesn’t include any of your existing inventory.

“Our figures will also be compatible with most 10mm ranges …”

So it may be more like 10mm heroic scale what they are doing … 😉

avernos
    Keymaster
    33467xp

no they did not.

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hey, at least it will be a sought after collectible in a few years 😉

Anonymous
    0xp

These are 1/144 and 10mm is what?  Pendraken is 1/150… what do other manufacturers scale their vehicles to?  One thing it does highlight, describing the size of a vehicle as 12mm is stupid.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I think these will sell ok The 10/12mm size or 1/160 to 1/144  are pretty interchangeable sizes with out any noticeable  difference so can see the fitting in with both Pendraken  and Pithead miniatures without any problem  I think it will come down to cost.Both the previously  mentioned companies  are reasonable  so the cost gor these would need to be under £3 vehicle to make them viable

*edit It would seem that either Pithead have either ceased trading or their website is down

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  torros.

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

@avernos think you pretty much summed up what I thought when I read it.

soulman
    2945xp
    Cult of Games Member

Really…12mm ?  makes no sense…. but if people wish to kick start my new company i will make ww2 in 13mm… Yes the real scale…… “the world is mine”…..

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

Looking at the release dates, you start of with tanks and artillery…., but then you can’t have infantry till almost  a year later, assuming the release is on time. Now a lot of rules FOW comes immediately to mins start with just tank rules, except their own rules are not coming out till …..some possible date.

Somehow unless its an amazing stand at some show(Salute possibly) cant see an awful lot of takers.

As a scale not sure you gain much in tables space over 15mm and their already is 10mm and not forgettin 1/200th (9mm?)the later still being produced by the company that took over skytrex’s molds.

piers
    Participant
    25463xp

Oddly, given my recent Cold War foray using 12mm and the fact they are using the same digital designer as PSC, I’m rather excited by it.

The size has alot of benefits over 15mm, in terms of gaming space and has more detail and ease of recognition than 6mm. I like it alot as a gaming size… but then I already have the scenery and dont own any ‘mass battle’ scale WW2 stuff. Plus it will suit my reworking of NorthAG for WW2. In short, I have none of the concerns others may have it would be ‘new’ to me, and have never played FoW or used 15mm for WW2.

Of course, I may very well be in a minority here, and judging by comments here and on Facebook, I certainly seem to be. I know my purchases wont keep a company going…

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

If it fits in with Pendraken and pithead I will be interested

avernos
    Keymaster
    33467xp

A guy on facepage is talking about going to his ideal scale of 13.876749mm if that’s not too much scale creep you could join him.

Otherwise I’m fairly certain the market will sustain both of you and my plans for a 14mm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)