Skip to toolbar

Map of Fictional Britain

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Map of Fictional Britain

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  recon63 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just come across this on FB; not really related to tabletop gaming, but will probably be interesting to people here nonetheless:

brucelea
    7897xp
    Cult of Games Member

Some great names and places. I always thought Royston Vasey was further south for some reason, in the Peak District but that might just be because there are a lot of villages I know around there that fit the bill ?

Wierdly, assuming Knype is where Stoke-on-Trent should be (it is not far off) the fictional towns of Longton and Hanley are actual towns of the city, Hanley is where the city centre is.

All good fun as I live in Darrowby!!

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

I always thought Walmington-on-sea was slightly further west (roughly SE of Norland Park and SW of Cambereick Green/Trumpton on the map).

Also, I was always under the impression that Pontypandy was up in the Valleys somewhere, not on the coast; Googled it and apparently they changed it in the CGI remake of Fireman Sam.

Also also, could’ve sworn Sodor was its own island, not the Isle of Mann (although considering there’s no actual such isle, maybe it’s a compromise so that the names don’t look like they’ve been randomly put out to sea).

coxjul
    13301xp
    Cult of Games Member

What a brilliant piece of collation.  It does offer a GM world maker a brilliant start point for an alternative setting.

recon63
    5075xp
    Cult of Games Member

When I first saw this, I’d thought someone had posted a map of the U.K. from Judge Dredd/Strontium Dog games….. A lot of the place names are very similar to what I believe has been used.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)