Skip to toolbar

New Army book for World Eaters

Home Forums Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions New Army book for World Eaters

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  demonsub 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

Because of course; why just buy a Chaos Marine codex when you can shell out for a World Eaters one, too? And then a Death Guard one, and then Emperor’s Children, then Thousand Sons…

Anyways, WE are getting an army book and some new models as well.

limburger
    21555xp
    Cult of Games Member

See … this is what I dislike about these subfaction codexes (codices ?)

It’s that they kill any source of fun and creativity by turning one faction into a slightly different skinned subfaction with official ‘rules’ and ‘models’

Ye olde ‘Realm of Chaos’ books were soo much better. You picked your alignment (Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch or Slaanesh) and everything else flowed from there with lots of randomness so no two armies or units were alike.

So here we are … a chaos space marine variant book that has to repeat half a dozen stats and backgrounds, unless they want you to buy the ‘basic’ chaos spacemarine codex too. There’s no colour … no theme, no nothing that makes this codex anything other than yet another list of stats and point values. Heck, I’d argue that the only reason it exists is so they’ve got another book for those crusade rules.

/rant …

sidenote : where are my Snakeeater and Freebooterz codexes ? And why were all eldar factions dumped into one codex instead of split like they were ? Can GW ever decide how they want to ruin the not-spacemarine factions ?

hmm … I shall shut up.

Back on subject … there is plenty of interesting bits that could be done with a subfaction codex.
    I suspect GW will do none of them.

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Has anyone already read it?

Its only been announced, so far no details have been released. Apparently they’re doing sometime after the Chaos Codex and there’ll be something in White Dwarf first to tie us over until the book comes out.

I’m pretty excited to see what they do with the World Eaters as I have an army that’s been sitting in a cupboard for two years. I was just going to run a fluffy thematic Chaos Marine army but I guess we’ll see later this year (hopefully).

sundancer
    42627xp
    Cult of Games Member

Spam bot alert!

please review that users joannethomson11  posting history!

@tgu3 @nakchak

joannethomson11
    Participant
    21xp

I haven’t read it, to be honest, I don’t really want to. She doesn’t really impress me. Moreover, there is no time for this, I urgently need to write about integrity, I found https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/integrity/ for this, I will probably use it. A lot of people have written negative reviews for this book. Of course, I rarely pay attention to this, but there are a lot of comments about it.

sundancer
    42627xp
    Cult of Games Member

Spam bot alert!

please review that users joannethomson11 posting history!

@tgu3 @nakchak

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Looks like the next issue of White Dwarf will feature a small version of the army lists for World Eaters to allow us to play them until the codex is released.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/white-dwarf-477-june-2022-eng

This will be my first White Dwarf for over 20 years.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)