Skip to toolbar

Phalanx launches a new version of Mini WWII entitled "Domination"

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Phalanx launches a new version of Mini WWII entitled "Domination"

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jnharr 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jnharr
    Participant
    1xp

I’ll never forget the first time I played Mini WWII. It was at BGG Con 2018. One of my gaming buddies, Lee, knew of my interest in historical wargames and thought I would enjoy this one. He had just grabbed it from the game library and put the tiny, unassuming box on the table. I remember thinking, “Hmm, this game doesn’t look like much. It’s probably too light for my tastes, but I’ll give it a try.”

As we were setting up the game, my internal script of prejudging the game continued. I said to myself, “C’mon, I’m used to Hannibal, Paths of Glory, and Polis. This looks like a toy compared to those games.” But I’m always willing to try anything once, and I respect Lee’s opinion, so I kept an open mind.

We skimmed through the rules and were soon immersed in the game. I played as the Allies, and I soon found myself engaged in the tactics, card play, and timing of executing orders. The scope of the decisions was more than the humble package portrayed. Indeed, the smallness of the game belies its depth. After the dust settled, I was ready to play again. That’s the kind of game this is.

I’m thrilled to see that Phalanx Games just launched a new Kickstarter Project that is giving Mini WWII the full treatment that it deserves! Phalanx has gone above and beyond with numerous upgrades and improved components in the new version (entitled Domination)–most notably the deluxe miniatures (including rockets!) and technology boards.

Whether you are new to wargaming or a seasoned veteran, Domination will provide you with enough tension and meaty decisions for a satisfying game experience. And, unlike most wargames, you can play this twice in an evening! So, in case you missed it, click here to check out Domination on KS:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)