Skip to toolbar

Hobby Pledges 2018 resurrected

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Pledges 2018 resurrected

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 59 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  lawnor 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

@beardragon14 Thank you.  The skin tone is actually the elven skin recipe from PP’s Forces of Retribution.  I avoided going full undead but thought this was the right level of pale.  Looking at the chart I see you’ve made a lot of progress and are on target so keep up the good work!  A lot of people are doing really well over there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WGwx1s-AL-H4uQTRxy12cdSBEOTVdOzjYOR0SAo_NIw/edit?usp=sharing

beardragon14
    7474xp
    Cult of Games Member

squat

beardragon14
    7474xp
    Cult of Games Member

… and that’s my Squat done … The Hobby pledge I wasn’t expecting to fulfill

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

That’s 8 more models towards my pledge finished.  7 more to go, along with upcoming purchases.

5 Woldwatchers

IIIIIIVVVI

Woldwarden

warden

Woldwyrd

wyrd

Wold Guardian

guardian

I now own 6 Woldwatchers.  They are a single pose model and one of them came with two left arms, which I chose to go with rather than wait weeks for a replacement.  Can you tell which it is?  I’ve done my best to give them all a different pose to give the army more character when they are all on the table together.  What do you think?

Group

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

I bought a bundle of Scourge from eBay and one of the swarmers was unpainted.  He is done now, completing that part of my pledge.  I repainted all the vehicles aswell to bring them in to line with my existing scheme.  Thats the thing about this scheme.  Its just as quick to paint 50 models as it is one.

If you want to see the rest, they can be found here: https://www.beastsofwar.com/forums/topic/what-are-you-painting-now/page/42/#post-1262307

Swarm

janus1004
    4165xp

Updated the list with some recent Kill Team and terrain work. It is fun to have the list to see how the hobby evolves over the year! 🙂

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

It does help me focus and work towards goals.   I also have this master sheet which really guides me.  it highlights whats left to do for every faction and every system and work out roughly how long it will take me to finish everything, with or without new purchases.  I like watching the total number of unpainted models shrink.  If someone buys my Dreadball from me and I don’t go spend happy I might finally hit the magical zero by Christmas with a little luck.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fJY7MrEjxfKncmkrqxeHkFAD7R4lCxFOzIjz95r2_1k/edit?usp=sharing

beardragon14
    7474xp
    Cult of Games Member

@lawnor …. The magical zero exists ???  Well there is one pillar of my hobby faith gone !!

Good on you mate I hope you achieve it.  I have enjoyed using your spreadsheet this year it has kept me focused.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Turns out its closer to Christmas than I realised.  Where is the year going?  If I can get it down to just a handful before my Godtear pledge arrives I’ll call that a big win.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

My Warpwolves are finished now.  That leaves 8 more models and future purchases.  There will be future purchases.

wolffinal

beardragon14
    7474xp
    Cult of Games Member

I love the leather capes … very nice work

gumbafish
    Participant
    203xp

I’m digging the Squat beardragon14. Anyways, I have updated my pledge in the spreadsheet because I have decided to switch Warmachine factions from Khador to Crucible Guard. My goals remain the same, but are much more manageable now because I simply own fewer Crucible Guard miniatures. I’ll update my progress on getting them all assembled, but I have made considerable strides over the past month and a half. As a reward I painted my first unit for the army, some Assault Troopers. Really glad this got resurrected, I do find some motivation from it and want to work hard to achieve my goals for the year. Even if I come up short I think I’ll be more productive as a result.

Leader
    Grunt 2
    Grunt 3
    Grunt 4
    Grunt 5

janus1004
    4165xp

Updated! 🙂

growler78
    Participant
    750xp

@gumbafish, those assault troopers look amazing. Hopefully you will post more of your crucible guard minis as you finish them.

beardragon14
    7474xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice work lads good to see we are all making progress. (where has the #$@!% year gone?) Thanks @gumbafish for your kind words, but mate your Crucible guard are magnificent … please show more.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)