Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Sunny days are here.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Sunny days are here.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 45 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy & paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Introduce yourselves (New member thread)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy & paste ###

• Almost done: how are you holding up in week #2 without your fix of Weekender and LBS?
    • Do you take care of yourself? It’s getting hot in the northern hemisphere and you need to stay hydrated.
    • If you could take a peek behind the curtains of any given (hobby related) company and see what it is “inside the machine” that makes it go tick where would you like to look at?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge? Naaaah…

Answers:

• I manage… I think.
    • Yes.
    • It might be a bit specific but I’d go for Asmodee Germany. Simply to see if the “slow rate of translation” that sometimes bugs some product ranges is because of too few people working at AG, overcomplicated workflows or other reasons.

And because it’s 17°C at 6:30am already and the weatherdude said something about 35°C here is something to cool of:

Enjoy the day

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

I pledge to watch football  and paint Barons War this weekend, lol

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

I thought you had went on to AVBCW? 😉

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge this weekend is to finish the ten gnolls I’ve been working all for most of the week. It’s only the final highlights and details to do. Then I’ll start on my Otherworld gnoll shaman. Once he’s painted I’ll be all set the for the next three scenarios for my Rangers of Shadow Deep game.

Almost done: how are you holding up in week #2 without your fix of Weekender and LBS?

Hanging in there. Thankfully there’s the Unofficial Hobby Hangout by some guys on Twitch to help keep me sated.

Do you take care of yourself? It’s getting hot in the northern hemisphere and you need to stay hydrated.

Yes, I’ve been drinking more tea and I’ve got more cake to compensate. I’ve even ventured forth outside for walks to compensate for the cake.

If you could take a peek behind the curtains of any given (hobby related) company and see what it is “inside the machine” that makes it go tick where would you like to look at?

Not really interested in how companies operate I’m more interested in exploring their worlds.

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

compensate for the cake.

Sounds like throwing away cake with extra steps 😉

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I was going to post the Bo Burnham song this weekend, you beat me to it! It’s a good one. I’m planning on getting work done on one of my Stark banners…but when I went to do the zenithal prime with my grey over the black I found my grey was lower than I thought…and now out. I got some on there, though…it’ll just be a pain to paint the white cloth now… The pose of the mini is difficult enough to deal with already, but I’ll do what I can.

Questions!

Almost done: how are you holding up in week #2 without your fix of Weekender and LBS?

To be honest I haven’t been able to properly recognise the passage of time for several months now…this past while feels like it’s been 4 decades and 2 weeks simultaneously… 😛

Do you take care of yourself? It’s getting hot in the northern hemisphere and you need to stay hydrated.

Almost certainly not, but I never pay attention, so I can’t confirm or deny that statement. 😛 Summers are always unbearable here…I long for the cool weather of a Scandinavian winter…

If you could take a peek behind the curtains of any given (hobby related) company and see what it is “inside the machine” that makes it go tick where would you like to look at?

Probably GW. I know they get a lot of flak (from me included) about some of their business practices, but I still think the actual production team would be fun to meet and chat to. It’s also my first intro to the hobby so while I’ve branched off somewhat from there now it still has a special place in my heart, you know.

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member
    • Almost done: how are you holding up in week #2 without your fix of Weekender and LBS?

I think the heatwave helps keep my mind from wandering too far … too frellin’ hot to do anything to be honest.
    Tempted to crawl into a fridge …

• Do you take care of yourself? It’s getting hot in the northern hemisphere and you need to stay hydrated.

at least there’s always water …

• If you could take a peek behind the curtains of any given (hobby related) company and see what it is “inside the machine” that makes it go tick where would you like to look at?

I’ve kind of peeked behind the curtains of BoW/OTT during the bootcamps and the occasional VLOGS (it’s been ages since the last ‘for the love of vlog’ episode, isn’t it ?)

I’d love to see an actual manufacturing proces. Not the ideas / playtesting /design, but the final mile of production when bits of plastic and cardboard get turned into pretty things for us to buy.

got to be crazy to name yourself after a cold drink, right ? 😉
    Ice Tea …
    Lemon flavoured Ice Tea ?

Back to some real music :

Now if only this came with the cold :

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@limburger Couldn’t you always just flood a bit of the Netherlands to make yourself a swimming pool? I’m sure no one would mind. 😛

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Happy weekend folks!

Pledge: I managed to build a few models tonight while watching the Scotland game so prime those. I was trying to get through all my unpainted minis but as I won’t be able to buy any new ones for quite some time, I’m slowing down on that. I did get the Dead Man’s Hand two player starter for my birthday the other week so I’ve some outlaws to work on next month.

• Almost done: how are you holding up in week #2 without your fix of Weekender and XLBS? I only really make it onto the site every two to three weeks so I’m usually catching up on old episodes anyway… I see no break ?
    • Do you take care of yourself? It’s getting hot in the northern hemisphere and you need to stay hydrated. Yeah, but let’s be honest, Scotland at peak summer is still nothing to be too worried about
    • If you could take a peek behind the curtains of any given (hobby related) company and see what it is “inside the machine” that makes it go tick where would you like to look at? I don’t know. I’ve quite enjoyed watching all the videos Pendraken have been doing for their new factory being set up, that’s been fascinating.

No music  because I’m on my tablet and using the site is a nightmare enough without trying to bring in YouTube links! I promise some tomorrow though.

How’s the back @sundancer?

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

@crazyredcoat : nothing of value would be lost if we did that … now there’s an idea. 😉

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

@ninjilly shhh! Don’t ask… it might wake up again. Better, thanks for asking but still very much reminding me “you ain’t 20 years old anymore” XD Also could you share the link to the Pendraken videos? Sounds interesting.

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Aye, reminds me of the lyric from that old Sunscreen song “be kind to your knees, you’ll miss them when they’re gone”. I had my first knee surgery when I was 13 so it was a moot point for me at the time but as I’ve got older, the sentiment has stayed.

The Pendraken videos are in this thread here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,20733.0.html

It’s a muggy day here but I might risk the spray primer anyway. What is life without embracing risk, right?

and for no reason at all:

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Saturday is usually my Youtube catch up day. I know it’s not TT related but this is a channel that I love. He’s a lawyer most of the year but spends his summer building a log cabin and complex in Karelia. Over the last few years he has started a bunch of engineering and bushcraft projects. He shoots all the footage over his four weeks holiday and then releases one video a month for the rest of the year. Some videos actually have several years worth of footage joined together. I’ve just spent an hour watching him build his waterwheel and it was great. https://youtu.be/war9v2DxMs4

danlee
    22396xp
    Cult of Games Member

I think this week’s pledge will be to paint the terrain I have primed for Kingdom Death Monster.

1. Almost done: how are you holding up in week #2 without your fix of Weekender and LBS? – Not bad but I tend to do most of my hobby while watching OTT content so without the shows I’ve done less painting.
    2. Do you take care of yourself? It’s getting hot in the northern hemisphere and you need to stay hydrated. – Yes I’m looking after myself fine.
    3. If you could take a peek behind the curtains of any given (hobby related) company and see what it is “inside the machine” that makes it go tick where would you like to look at? – Some things are best left in the dark. I wouldn’t want to know for any game I care about in case any illusions are shattered.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)