Skip to toolbar

Legions Imperialis: GW returning to the old ways by accident…

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Legions Imperialis: GW returning to the old ways by accident…

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rickabod41 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

It is odd, in this day and age, that our first full intro in how a new GW game is played is via a White Dwarf article, and a battle report no less.

I know that this is due to the game’s launch being delayed, and the production schedule for a monthly magazine, but wow, what a throwback to the good old days.

And I’m not counting the War Comm articles, as they really are just teases, nothing really in depth.

No tons of YouTube unboxings, reviews, battle reports, painting guides, etc.

The full game play is introduced by an analog magazine that was probably printed 3 months ago, and couldn’t be delayed because that would screw up the WD schedule.

And we still don’t know when the game is being released.

Crazy.

And I can pick up a copy of this WD at my local Warhammer store in NZ later today, it’s currently 3:10 am Friday, NZ time, as I type this.

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

hold up. A proper battle report? Like with pictures and stuff? Even those in the Battle Chronicler style with squares and symbols?

I might even grab on of those.

If any shop would be selling it any more. (Apart from the warhammer store in the city centre)

Interesting times indeed.

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

I do have two stores that sell it where I live, the local Warhammer and the equivalent of WH Smith, sorry I don’t know what the European version would be.

The WH Smith lookalike is called PaperPlus and sells, books, magazines, greeting cards, Lotto tickets, board games, DnD, graphic novels and even has one of the single GW stands.

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

I haven’t seen a WD outside the Warhammer store in ages. “back in the day” they were sold a some newspaper stands but not any more. At least no where I do my shopping

rickabod41
    Participant
    9246xp

All the major super markets where I live sell copies of WD.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)