Skip to toolbar

Orktober 2020!

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Orktober 2020!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  horati0nosebl0wer 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Orktober, a hallowed time of year that we gather together and reflect on all things green and orky in our lives. From the tiniest grot to the largest boss the fungal horde gives us much to laugh at in all the ways that things that shouldn’t work have been shown to somehow. In performing with disastrous results just a hair’s breadth away from occurring their pure belief that something should work is a model for us all to follow in self assurance that we too might attain greatness.
    This is our month of putting aside difference for arguing which faction beats the piss out of any other as we agree that life is way more humorous with chaotic gits mucking about in ever present danger as absently violent nobs over what is the next wizzbang thing to loot and show off with.
    The world is a crazy place right now and we all need a good laugh. Let us now commence the procession into this hopefully happy Orktober. I start now as those on the upside down of the planet with their brumbies, dropbears and man-droughts (don’t ask me, I hear it’s an Aussie thing) start almost a day earlier than me. Goodluck to everyone in showing off some orky projects.

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

What faction is the best… there is no argument. ORKZ!

Also, with the paintathon 2020 I’m stoning two slaps with one fly…. (snotlings are of ORKZ)

Paintathon 2020

If I get through that faster then anticipated I’ll add some more Orkz… there are enough in the closet…

khusrau
    Participant
    1158xp

interesting,. this week coincides with Gobbortunity Knocks on another forum I’m a member of. Kicked off on 28 September – 1 week. Goblins and Orcs, here’s mine from Monday and Tuesday.

o6o5

collins
    16344xp
    Cult of Games Member

This year I managed to acquire the assault on black reach box orks which I have always been upset that I never kept back in the day. My plan was to paint them for Orktober but now a job and house move have scuppered that cunning plan. I will still have a crack if I can find the time and be in the same place as the models, paints and desire.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Ooooh, I have a team of orcs somewhere I convinced myself could be a quick weekend project (when I first discovered Contrast Paints). Blood Bowl Orcs are still orcs, right?

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

But of course

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

Orcs are far better than orkz

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

O’KZ!

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

Iz gud to be green, eh ladz ?

I think I have a few ork bits in my mountain of awesome.
    It’s a shame that GW never topped the greatness that was Orktober when those new Ork vehicles were released.

Question :
    why are orks green ?
    Shouldn’t they be red to go faster ? 😉

@khusrau it’s cool to see orks that aren’t standard (bright) green.

khusrau
    Participant
    1158xp

Well, I always figured that Sam and Frodo would have found it difficult to convincingly disguise themselves as Orcs if Orcs were bright green…  black undercoat, neutral grey drybrush, wash with old Citadel Ogryn flesh, mottle with tentacle pink and another coat of Ogryn.

@limburger I believe that as the complimentary color of red, green shows that the lot of orks are lazy gits as they go slow. Just a thought but it makes sense as to why red goes faster.

@khusrau Swank fleshtones. They remind me of the color palette used for a painting in a 2nd ed. D&D book of pigface orcs

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

I acutally decided to take part this year.  I hope Half Orcs count: halforc1

Female Half-Orc barbarian, 3D print from Titan Forge.  There are 3 misprints on her that I noticed. Without looking for a complete image elsewhere can anyone spot all three?

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

The way the axe handle ends in a point looks like a support failure, as if the end of the axe is flattened. I’m struggling to see anything else…

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thats one.  The one I couldn’t hide, repair or repurpose well.  The handle tapers out as you move away from the axe head.  Not sure why.  I painted the flat end as iron in the hopes it’d look like a ring at a quick glance.

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

Her right hand looks like she ought to hold something

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)