Skip to toolbar

Feedback on Projects

Home Forums Technical Support Feedback on Projects

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 38 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  malevolentmc 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Ok pretty sure it’s the size of the images together that was the problem. Because if I do them one at a time it works fine.

avien
    2022xp
    Cult of Games Member

Edited – found the link to my projects so ignore this ?

loving this feature

blipvertus
    12220xp
    Cult of Games Member

Is there a way to add previous projects to the new area? Or do they stay archived?

teddymademedoit
    Participant
    5159xp

Worth noting guys, when I was looking at pics full screen on projects everytime I pressed the x in the top right to close it clicked my profile pic underneath at the same time and took me there. I have found however that if of swipe up it closes the pics that way too.

I’m on an android tablet right now so not sure if the same problem is there on something without a touchscreen where you can’t swipe up

amachan
    25655xp
    Cult of Games Member

A feature I’d like to see in the projects is the ability to make entries in a project private. This way I can edit the entry keep adding to it before actually publishing it.

fiore
    Participant
    829xp

Really like the new project system, loads of potential and lots of activity so far, which is great.

One thing that occurred to me is that, when the number of projects gets large, it could start to suffer from the Google search results issue – eg if an item doesn’t appear on the first (or maybe second) page, not many people are going to have the energy to find it.

So I wondered if there are more ways to sort the way projects are displayed. I saw that you can do oldest to newest and alphabetical etc. Some other ideas I had –

1) Most recently updated (so you can get straight to the new stuff)

2) Most recommended (either overall, or by skill/idea/tutorial), or most followed or most commented on (so you can get straight to the ones people think highest of)

3) Random order (once there are lots of projects in there, it might be nice to browse a random selection for things you might have missed)

4) Filter by who posted the project (once there are loads on there, might be good to be able to look at all the work one person has done)

5) Filter by subject matter option chosen when project is set up (eg terrain, campaign, etc)

Apologies if any of these are already possible and I have missed them. Keep up the good work.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30752xp

@fiore

Thanks for the feedback

Discovery for a lot of these things will start to be worked on in about two weeks (we are all away at UKGE next week)

So there will be more filters activated and some projects will start to make their way to the home page etc 🙂

And projects will start to showcased front and centre in Hobby hangout and the weekender 🙂

soapdodger
    17313xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just a bit of feedback from me on Projects. I have been at this for ages now getting everything ready and making my little hobby home on the internet.

I LOVE IT!!!

I have used everything apart from Lists and files. I am scrambling around trying to think of ways to use this. Only one issue (which I will get to later) so far.

I typed for about an hour and then pressed back on my mouse by mistake. a message popped up and said are you sure you want to leave!!! This alone was why I used to type out in a word document and had to type HTML if I wished anything in bold.

Amazing work. Soap Friendly interface that does everything I can imagine doing all in one place. Also looked at every project on here and everyone is making the most of it and it looks fantastic.

I could go on about every little thing that I like but I wont.

Now for that one issue (doh! just thought of a second) where I thought I broke BOW for everyone. I added a  large project entry with lots of photo’s. This saved but 5 photo’s were missing squared with crosses on them. I edited the project went in and then added them again thinking it timed out while uploading. I then got the screen advising the host BOW was down. SORRY! (if this was me)

Also if you upload an image on a project and it has the same name of another photo that someone else posted first it shows their picture and not yours. I replicated this by using the file name 1.jpg and it showed someone else’s work. (forgot about this).

Again, Truly awesome work everyone at BOW. You laid the foundations to my hobby home and I couldn’t be more pleased.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30752xp

Thanks for the great feedback @soapdodger

We’ll look into all of this mate

amachan
    25655xp
    Cult of Games Member

Another small issue. Pictures that are in portrait orientation are posted in landscape orientation. A problem that existed on the original BoW forums as well. Example: https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/mandas-amachan-fallout-wasteland-warfare-progress

bloodstrike
    1414xp
    Cult of Games Member

discovered a possible odd bug. when indicting on a project comment to notify me by email when it is replied to the email was addressed as if it was being sent to user who replied, screenshot of email below. i cant find anywhere in my profile where accidentally listed Jennifer as a name

bow

georgesealy
    2670xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ll keep this short and simple. Projects are exactly what I’ve been wanting for a long time. Thank you! My only issue is the discoverability of projects after they drop off the first page, but that has been mentioned and answered above, so once again, thank you 🙂 Keep up the good work.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30752xp

No problem @georgesealy 🙂

There is a lot of discoverability work that’s going to happen very soon on projects, ratings and reviews and places etc

foehammer888
    Participant
    10525xp

Question. Are you supposed to get notifications of updates to projects you are following?

I followedseveral projects, which have received updates, but I got no notification of the update.

seems like that would be the purpose of the “follow” function.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30752xp

Yes follow will do that. There still some code behind it that needs to be finished first though.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)