Skip to toolbar

Feedback on Projects

Home Forums Technical Support Feedback on Projects

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 38 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  malevolentmc 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

tgu3
    Keymaster
    4346xp

Hi everybody a couple of updates have been applied to the Projects system:

• Projects are now ordered by last modified time, when you create a new entry or update an existing one your project will appear higher up the list (if you have not created/updated an entry within the last 12 hours)
    • The bug where some users were able to see other users private projects should now be resolved, please let us know if you still come across the issue.

Thanks everyone for your useful feedback thus far!

tarrox
    249xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hi,

Projects is amazing but there a a few QOL improvements that would be great.

First of all it would be great to be able to jump to the first post of a project, as often projects will end up with many post and long ones, so finding the intro is a little bit annoying (Or go with the third proposal).

Second is tied to the first, a way to maybe go to the beginning of the next/previous post, as this can be a little bit annoying as well especially if the post are lengthy.

Third get the ability to sort the posts in chronological order. Similar to the first two, starting reading a new project is a little bit annoying as you go the the last post scroll down reading through it, then go up to find the next post and scroll down reading through it again (repeat until finished). Sorting would solve this one (and the first one btw).

Fourth I think having a general recommend button for the whole project, would be a good idea.

Cheers Tarrox

malevolentmc
    224xp

So.. I may have went a bit overboard. My latest project relating to relicblade painting contained 10 image galleries and 94 images. Oops.

But anyway, it’s all gone now, or not view able. Unsure of what to do about that.

lmdasilver
    Participant
    60xp

First of, I love the projects page. But here are a few ideas to maybe make it better. (Your have probably thought of all of this, so feel free to ignore 🙂

Finding Projects:

I would really like to see a ‘featured projects’ added to the project splash page.

Project Info

Could each Projects recommendation score and last edited date be added to each Project on the list page.

Tutorials

Is there an instruction page for projects?

The project recommendation system looks like it will be awesome, but it wasn’t very clear to me on first use (and is still not). I assumed that ‘tutoring, skill and idea’ were related to the project difficulty and set by the author. Once I randomly clicked a few I realised I was voting and couldn’t find a way of removing a recommendation.

Could links be added to the projects page maybe below the ‘add a project button’ on how it works or at the top of each project.

Project Sizes

Some projects are getting big, I would like to see an index page that lists all the subheadings added for desktop viewers.

Mobile devices have a lot of the content removed , so it may not be as big of an issue.

i.e https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/dr-ethers-one-stop-shop-for-all-his-kingdom-death-stuff/

Good example of a project that will get quite large.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

A few suggestions or requests or instances of my own blindness/stupidity?

1: I got a comment on my project.  I did not notice any kind of email or notification about this.  Is there any way we could opt in or out of emails/in site notifications for the whole of our project in one click?  I notice there’s a follow button on other peoples projects but it does not appear to be there for our own.  Maybe this is coming and just awaiting activation of emails at the server end?

2: Can we please get the option to show “most recent post” at the top or switch to “chronological order”, or at least get a “skip to the end” button at the top.

3: I would suggest some guidelines for naming projects.  Anyone who has had to struggle with a file system after it’s gotten too big will know the problem.  For example, hobby projects should all contain the name of the game and the model being painted so they can be searched for easily and clearly identified.  “Lawnor paint some d00ds” is not a helpful file name and when we have hundreds of projects and a lot of them are unhelpfully labelled people will give up looking through the system.  Maybe releasing a short 5-10 minute video discussing ideas of how to use the system and make it helpful long term, and what you had in mind as a Project (IE should a hobby project cover your entire life’s work, or should it be an individual model, or would both be a good idea for the same models?) while making it clear that its “Our projects, our way”.

4: I don’t know if this is there yet, but I hope we can filter projects by type (ie Hobby, battle report etc) and somehow sort by the rankings they get.  For example I’d love to be able to revisit this in a years time and focus on the projects that score a high average tutorial rating.  Not just a high rating as that could just mean they made lots of small posts.  I’d also love to search for specific models, or game systems or factions.  I’d love to search for specific things like “White Fur” with a high Tutorial rating, but this requires an extra level of data entry and management that isn’t realistic.

5: Can we get the ability to add titles to each of the pics in an image gallery please.

6: Maybe for the people setting up larger projects we could have a sub-project feature?  Allow them to partition it off.  That way they could post their Ultramarines army hobby project, and then break it down in to individual squads and vehicles and have it all be clearly accessible from a menu on the front page of the project?

I’m sure I’ll think of more the moment it won’t let me edit this post.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

7: being able to “open/close” each entry within a project so you can get an “at a glance” view and skip straight to the step you want without having to do lots of scrolling.  Numbering each entry in order might also be nice too.

See. I told you I’d think of another the moment the edit feature went away.

tgu3
    Keymaster
    4346xp

@malevolentmc, just wondering if this is the same project you were talking about going missing or did you create this one after losing the first: https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/malevs-relicblade-painting-journeys/. It’s the only project of yours we have found in the system.

tgu3
    Keymaster
    4346xp

We’ve have also added the ability to view a project’s entries from oldest to newest instead of the standard newest to oldest . Look for the button labelled “View Oldest Entries First”and try for yourself!

malevolentmc
    224xp

@tgu3 Yes, that’s the same project. The project was posted live, but the content of my original submission was lost to the void. I simply edited the project and added new content, and it seemed to have worked that time. Consider it resolved.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)