Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] 2 Weeks until Christmas

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] 2 Weeks until Christmas

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

No, no…. never to early… ten days… down that road only madness lies! Especially with children… I don’t fear much but that road I will not take if I can avoid it!

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

what’s with this nonsense of buying presents weeks before christmas ?

You’re supposed to do it the day before … that’s when you get the deals and savings.

They get whatever is cool and cheap enough to buy just before the shops close.

That teaches them

• to learn to live with little dissappointments in live
    • that santa/satan can’t be trusted so you should always buy your own toys with your own money

😀

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

Moanday moaning…. is this really another Monday? Oh bollocks.

But I managed to get some painting done. WIP:

IMG_20211212_223025

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Got my demon painted over the weekend thanks to another hobby hangout with my friends and then spent the rest of the time finishing Nier Replicant (a video game).
    Now with all that video gaming behind me (for now) I can get back to lots of painting. Already I’ve started and am about halfway through painting some ghoul rotters for Rangers of Shadow Deep (Heresy Miniatures Nurgle Type plague demons).

Oh and my Midlam miniatures Dwarfs Kickstarter arrived this morning, an early Christmas present.

Nice to see your work @sundancer , looking good.

As for Christmas, I’ve got all of my presents in and just need to wrap them, preferably before the big day.

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

Wrapping presents is soooo old school 😉

Also it’s Tuesday and I really want to go back to bed XD

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

Wednesday…. weird users in the forum… not sure if they are spammy spambots. Will investigate.

Today I will continue my work on Lemmy.

Watching interviews on OTT after a stream may be a thing I need to stop… sleep is totally up my alley… On with the rambling.

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

yeah … saw someone with 10xp post in one of my threads.
    I suspect a spambot in the making, but you can’t be sure.

They may have realised that generic posts are better than ones with links …

Plans for the big super fantastic idea of mine have been put on hold while I’m doing research in the technology I need to use.
    Original idea was C#/Microsoft tooling all the way, but apparently emulators can’t simulate nfc-reading and my phone is too old to run the app (Sony not doing updates despite the hardware being capable). Now I might have to switch to a javascript (yuck) API powered by Facebook (double yuck).
    Need a re-think … although I probably should work out plans first, because *eh* I only have a vague idea/concept that involves nfc-tags. Could probably replace tags with QR-codes, but I’m not sure how practical that aspect will be.

I also discovered that apparently ‘Java’ is pronounced ‘Jawa’  … as in those odd little creatures from Starwars.

It does feel good to be coding for fun again though.

danlee
    22395xp
    Cult of Games Member

Finished another model last night while watching the unofficial hobby hangout. Went for a more unusual colour scheme with this one. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1593676/

Squid Referencethumbnail_IMG_6969

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

tentacles…. I know where this is going! 😉

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

didn’t you mean to write : “I know where they are going” ? 😉

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

Friday! New thread! Now with more minis!

[unofficial weekender] 1 Week until Christmas

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)